Polls - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As far as I know... And I may be wrong, the only other candidate was John Clark... Who makes Patricia Gibson look like a genius.

She would have been selected almost anywhere. The minute she spoke at the conference last year she was a cert

Edited by Lamia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She would have been selected almost anywhere. The minute she spoke at the conference last year she was a cert

I obviously can't comment, my kind aren't welcome there... Despite your kind invite on Facebook :wink2:

But yes, she is formidable :ok:, will be a shame to see a young passionate woman gagged following her election.

As far as I know... And I may be wrong, the only other candidate was John Clark... Who makes Patricia Gibson look like a genius.

nope, that is not quite correct, there were 3 candidates

Thats not the case. She was up against a guy called Iain Shepherd. There was another guy called Stephen McGhee that withdrew,

Hopefully some cockwomble pulls it away as he's about to sit down.

I expect snp to gain it. Irvine voted Yes.

There are three camps in my area;

1) those who voted yes and will vote SNP from now until Independence. Labour are dead to them.

2) those who voted yes but they will still vote Labour at Westminster "cuz the Tories n that."

3) Staunch Unionists, irrespective of previous political ideologies will vote Donohoe to keep the SNP out.

I hope the decent people of Irvine (the 52%) all vote SNP. I am a member of the Greens now, but wont do any doorknocking for them in this one. In my opinion we need a block of SNP. The Green vote will take from the SNP. Even in Holyrood I'll probably end up giving the SNP my main vote.

Patricia Gibson is the worst candidate I've ever witnessed. I'd take Brian Donohoe over her.

Steady!

:lol: quite.

I've been following the young Paisley girls campaign quite closely since the smear against her, and she's formidable... I then look at my options and see Patricia Gibson, given her disastrous 2010 campaign.... If Gibson unseats Katy Clark we're definitely in Yellow Rosette on a monkey territory... Cos by fück :lol:

That's what I worry about. We end up with the opposite of what we used to have. I'm voting SNP to get rid of Donohoe. To me my MP shouldn't toe the party line regardless, and it's my major issue with the SNP at the moment. So am I merely swapping one useless c**k for another? That wont stand up and disagree with their party if the interests of their constituency needs it? Anyone is better than Donohoe though, and I'd probably include the UKIP candidate in that one (if we have one standing).

BTW we share the respect of Katy, she's done good things up by in our wee shitey hometowns. I'd prefer her to the SNP as well, only because she may as well be an independent.

I've said before that the problem the SNP will have is the amount of ####wits that get elected and make a complete cockwomble if it.

One of the greatest things the SNP done was open their doors for non-members to stand. I get the feeling that the strongest weren't chosen in some areas though.

Aye, it seemed bonkers picking a 20 year old to run against Alexander, but having seen her on TV a couple of times she's very competent indeed. A future at the top of the SNP beckons for her I think...

I hope not, her voice is erm, distracting. I hope she goes in for elocution lessons. I suppose it's part of her charm though, she's just "Senga fom the Scheme".

Yeah if the results play out as polled then this is a huge test for the SNP selection process, to be fair considering the other parties it's hardly a high bar, but I'd definitely like the a huge qualitative gap to go with the quantitative one.

Car crash stuff.

She must have mentioned 'SNP' 3 million times in 5 minutes.

Does she ever come up for breath?

Seems to be her only political tactic, motormouth everyone into submission.

Emily Maitliss was taking the rip out of her on Friday's Newsnight over her dad opposing her on Twitter...

Car crash stuff.

She must have mentioned 'SNP' 3 million times in 5 minutes.

Does she ever come up for breath?

:lol:

Apparently Jim Murphy has been tweeting

"Cameron on Marr seems fixated by shouting about SNP rather than taking about Tories."

Edited by exile

Same old tired pish from Dugface.

Her ultimate party piece was saying that all the opinion polls are wrong and that Labour would retain every seat they have!

Simply couldn't hide her hatred for the SNP and her contempt for the electorate. If she is being seen as one of SLAB's brightest young talents then the branch office are well and truly phuqqed.

I hope not, her voice is erm, distracting. I hope she goes in for elocution lessons. I suppose it's part of her charm though, she's just "Senga fom the Scheme".

IMO, that might qualify for the biggest pile of shyte I have ever read on the TAMB.

IMO, that might qualify for the biggest pile of shyte I have ever read on the TAMB.

It took a wee bit longer than I thought but you've proved a point that's been made on here umpteen times.

It's ok to denigrate someone on their appearance or traits as long as they're not in "our camp."