Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell Vs St Mirren Thread And Score Predictions

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played really well and it should have been a lot more if we were more clinical in the final third. A couple of cracking bits of skill by Dom Thomas for big Handsome's goal. Erwin was a handful again tonight. Killie and Partick must be looking downwards nervously at Motherwell and Ross County given the form both are in.

Just back in the house from Fir Park, Davie Cooper stand.

That will do very nicely, beat Partick and we are one point behind them.

The 5 goals must have helped our goal difference aswell against Ross County who won again. Fair play to them great run of results for them aswell.

I've seem some gutless performances in my 34 years as a Saints fan but that one this evening is right at the top of the tree. Too many at our club lifting a wage and giving absolutely nothing in return. Where do I start here - Teale playing ONE up front in a must win game? And the utterly useless Arquin at that? Beggars belief. How Motherwell didn't win that by at least seven is beyond me. McManus in particular missed an absolute sitter from seven yards when it was easier to score. And Well's two wingers carved us upon almost at will.

All told, I am firmly pointing the finger of blame at the board. When we bagged Danny we were all expecting an experienced safe pair of hands to hopefully drag us up to trying to challenge for the top six. But once again our spineless board take the cheap option and appoint the detestable Tommy Craig. Then compound the error by bagging him far too late then appointing an untried manager in Teale. We have got what we deserved and this moment has been coming for a few years now, League Cup victory aside.

Time for this gutless board to get to fcuk. They have outstayed their welcome and are stinking the place out.

I've seem some gutless performances in my 34 years as a Saints fan but that one this evening is right at the top of the tree. Too many at our club lifting a wage and giving absolutely nothing in return. Where do I start here - Teale playing ONE up front in a must win game? And the utterly useless Arquin at that? Beggars belief. How Motherwell didn't win that by at least seven is beyond me. McManus in particular missed an absolute sitter from seven yards when it was easier to score. And Well's two wingers carved us upon almost at will.

All told, I am firmly pointing the finger of blame at the board. When we bagged Danny we were all expecting an experienced safe pair of hands to hopefully drag us up to trying to challenge for the top six. But once again our spineless board take the cheap option and appoint the detestable Tommy Craig. Then compound the error by bagging him far too late then appointing an untried manager in Teale. We have got what we deserved and this moment has been coming for a few years now, League Cup victory aside.

Time for this gutless board to get to fcuk. They have outstayed their welcome and are stinking the place out.

Painful result for you tonight, my condolences.

I've seem some gutless performances in my 34 years as a Saints fan but that one this evening is right at the top of the tree. Too many at our club lifting a wage and giving absolutely nothing in return. Where do I start...

Sounds like how we all felt on New Years day at Hamilton (5-0 defeat). Was a real low point.

From a St Mirren point of view, that must've been so disappointing. I was expecting a real battle tonight, games between the two sides have almost always been tight in recent years, can't remember one with more than 1 goal in it.

St Mirren were terrible, and offered absolutely nothing, as KoP said, it could and should've been more if motherwell had been a bit more clinical.

Admittedly the early goal was a good/bad start depending on your allegiance, and the 3rd on the stroke of half time killed any chance of a 2nd half come back.

####in' Ross County.

:(

22 points from the last 24

:shocked:

We were saying at the game how shite it must be to be a ST Mirren fan tonight and I wouldn't want to be in the same position come the end of the season. The team offered nothing and Motherwell steam rollered their way to a win that eventually flattered the Saints. No fight whatsoever for a must win game is a shambles and fingers must be pointed by the support as to whom is to blame. Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

Chicko on the radio earlier saying without the Kenny McLean transfer money St Mirren would've been struggling to pay wages...

Surely we wouldn't have brought in players after the sale if that was true? We brought in Genev, Gow, Sadlier, and Sonupe (loan) post-sale. The BoD stated earlier in the season that the sale was due to a 'gentleman's agreement', not about finances. Hmm.

Out of interest...

After the rallying call to get a big away support, how many Saints travelled ?

At the time of relegation it feels like end of the world but for a team like St Mirren who have not been doing much for years now in SPL, dropping down the leagues could be good for you. Nobody regardless of the league likes to go & watch their team if they are being beaten. Change of scenery in lower leagues & likely to win more games even potentially lift some silverware.. oh & pump Morton (always a good feeling!!)

Out of interest...

After the rallying call to get a big away support, how many Saints travelled ?

At the time of relegation it feels like end of the world but for a team like St Mirren who have not been doing much for years now in SPL, dropping down the leagues could be good for you. Nobody regardless of the league likes to go & watch their team if they are being beaten. Change of scenery in lower leagues & likely to win more games even potentially lift some silverware.. oh & pump Morton (always a good feeling!!)

I'm sure it was 600 odd that was announced over the tannoy.

Finger of blame for last night's fiasco, as previously mentioned, must be pointed at Teale for his ridiculous decision to play one up top in a must-win game. His post match interview gave me an easy decision in not to bother attending a game again this season. To publicly come out and say that we are down is nothing sort of naivety in the extreme. What message does that give to the players and the fans? He should have kept his mouth shut on that issue.

But the lion's share of the blame must lie with the Board with their cost cutting and the appalling appointment of Craig.

Felt really sorry for the Saints diehards that travelled through. Glad I saved myself the best part of £50 in not going.

Aye fear of having to share a stadium with the utter pondlife who follow the new club 3 times next year.

Apart from anything else you don't have to go to the games at Ibrox if it bothers you that much so with a bit of luck that's 1 or maybe even 2 games less we'd need to hear you bleat about it.