Ni Fans - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ni Fans

Squirrelhumper

It's quite simple, if you don't like the oppositions chants...then drown them out by singing louder! Unfortunately Hampden park and for the matter the tartan army are no longer an intimidating place to go and play.

Like an earlier poster stated though, we have 'doe a deer' as our main chant...inspiring for the players I bet!

So glad I didn't go to this match and for that matter will be missing this weekends game as well going by all these posts.

You're not going to watch scotland because of a couple of posts on a message board?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to pay that kind of cash to watch Scotland play an amateur football team. All be it I would expect 5-6 min...

Flure, I'll save my voice for when Poland and Germany visit

You're complaining that Hampden is no longer intimidating and doesn't inspire the players then in the same post saying that you aren't going to be there. Wouldn't that suggest that you are actually part of the problem ?

You've gave me a laugh mate, thanks.

Firstly, 'sevconians' - cracking. Are you 12?

Secondly, 'scum of the earth' - really?

Lastly, I never saw any Rangers fans in the Scotland end, maybe apart from myself, however I had a tartan scarf and a black jacket on - I hope that's ok?

What we did have near us was 2 German men supporting Scotland which amused me briefly before I remembered how cold I was.

Still missing the point.

Never saw anything untoward from the NI fans. I'm not a fan of GSTQ or Rule Britannia but I'm not offended by them either.

Worst thing I saw from their fans was a man wearing Northern Ireland trackies, with a Scotland polo shirt and an Aston Villa body warmer. Just weird.

Think we should look at ourselves first before complaining about other fans. Might not of been many Scotland fans but it doesn't mean you can't sing or create an atmosphere.

I understand it was a pretty uninspiring game but it can still be done.

I have paid my dues over the years, unfortunately my priorities are changing and supporting the national team takes a step down the pecking order for the time being.

It's ok though as I am sure I can get up to speed with the songs/chants seen as they have not changed in the last 20 years!

Agree with Wigtownshire, why are we having a go at the away fans when some of the home fans are just as bad, a fair few can barely stand up straight at the weekend matches!

Think you've got that one the wrong way around. I think playing NI was actually a friendly that damaged our ranking, even with a win (as the friendly against Qatar will be if it goes ahead). Sure someone like TartanPar will be able to confirm though.

It looks like you are correct, I had forgotten the point about when we should have played N Ireland from this article below

http://sport.stv.tv/football/international/300213-scottish-fa-have-friendly-decision-to-make-to-enhance-world-cup-chances/

N Ireland are currently 43rd so they seem to be just outside range of rankings which would have benefited us.

Went to the pub before the game, a few NI fans were in having a pint. Walked to the game and saw a few more, at game heard the songs, walked back to same pub saw some Ni fans, in pub for a swift pint, no NI fans in pub. Songs at the game I heard were GSTQ, Rule Britannia and the Bouncy -that I can recall.

One is our National Anthem, one was designed as a wind us up the last was rhythmic movement and chanting. THe fans I saw seemed to be regulr punters going to the game - but maybe I just drink in more classy establishments than the folk who seem to have been at the heart of the trouble last night.

I regret to inform the TAMB that I am neither aghast, surprised at the song choices nor traumatised by the experience, and I even quite enjoyed the first half!

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Your missing the point or ignoring it.Last night yet again Scotlands shame turned out in numbers to support another countries team who where playing THEIR country. Just scum of the earth.Bitter Sevconians.

Isn't it possible that the majority of these were Northern Irish Rangers supporters? Unfortunately there are quite a few of them,

Went to the pub before the game, a few NI fans were in having a pint. Walked to the game and saw a few more, at game heard the songs, walked back to same pub saw some Ni fans, in pub for a swift pint, no NI fans in pub. Songs at the game I heard were GSTQ, Rule Britannia and the Bouncy -that I can recall.

One is our National Anthem, one was designed as a wind us up the last was rhythmic movement and chanting. THe fans I saw seemed to be regulr punters going to the game - but maybe I just drink in more classy establishments than the folk who seem to have been at the heart of the trouble last night.

I regret to inform the TAMB that I am neither aghast, surprised at the song choices nor traumatised by the experience, and I even quite enjoyed the first half!

TT

I only watched it on the telly but the songs that could be heard quite clearly coming from the NI fans were the 3 you mentioned, Build My Gallows, Michael Gies a Wave (he didn't) and one that sounded as if it was about Steve Davis when he came on. None of them offended me.

TT

GSTQ is our national anthem? An interesting point of view on the Tartan Army messageboard.

In official terms, he's actually correct. Unfortunately.

Fecking hell, I'm no completely daft. But if I asked you what our national anthem was what would you say?

Northern Ireland could use the theme from Chigley as their anthem for all I care, but a Scotland supporter telling us that GSTQ is our anthem and we should embrace it when NI sing it to us is having a Turkish bath.

Fecking hell, I'm no completely daft. But if I asked you what our national anthem was what would you say?

Northern Ireland could use the theme from Chigley as their anthem for all I care, but a Scotland supporter telling us that GSTQ is our anthem and we should embrace it when NI sing it to us is having a Turkish bath.

I don't think he said anywhere we should embrace it?

Did he say we should embrace it? I don't think he did.

Seemed to me like he was telling people not to be offended by it.

Did he say we should embrace it? I don't think he did.

Seemed to me like he was telling people not to be offended by it.

Indeed. And regardless of whether it's our national anthem or not, it's their's and they're perfectly entitled to sing it!!