Ni Fans - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ni Fans

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the NI fans were a good bunch. Ok they have a minority of loud bigots, but I never met one on wednesday.

Saw a few knuckle draggers at the Carling Cup in Dublin a few years back.

I thought their jibes about the referendum were in good humour, " give it 10 years" was my reply and we shook hands.

Edited by Robroysboy

Some interesting comments in this thread. About 90% of our supporters club gave this one the swerve & I reckon that was the case for a lot of regular NI footbal fans.

I always defend & stick up for our fans but some of the auld s--te that was being sung on Wednesday night had me scundered, never been a fan of all that Rule Britannia stuff & it's very rare to hear it or even GSTQ during the match & that "10 German Bombers" is an embarrassment.

I know a lot of it was to wind up Scottish fans, the only time I heard you lot make a peep was to boo GSTQ & when you scored.

Trust me when I say that the majority of are fans are as scundered as I am & most stayed away on Wednesday night as they couldn't be arsed with a "sashfest".

I'll be honest the final whistle couldn't come fast enough & I'm glad to be back to concentrating on the actual football & the competitive games at the weekend.

Given the way we played I'm sure it was good preparation for Gibraltar.

Some interesting comments in this thread. About 90% of our supporters club gave this one the swerve & I reckon that was the case for a lot of regular NI footbal fans.

I always defend & stick up for our fans but some of the auld s--te that was being sung on Wednesday night had me scundered, never been a fan of all that Rule Britannia stuff & it's very rare to hear it or even GSTQ during the match & that "10 German Bombers" is an embarrassment.

I know a lot of it was to wind up Scottish fans, the only time I heard you lot make a peep was to boo GSTQ & when you scored.

Trust me when I say that the majority of are fans are as scundered as I am & most stayed away on Wednesday night as they couldn't be arsed with a "sashfest".

I'll be honest the final whistle couldn't come fast enough & I'm glad to be back to concentrating on the actual football & the competitive games at the weekend.

Given the way we played I'm sure it was good preparation for Gibraltar.

Great post.