Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adamntg, on 25 Mar 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Has anyone tweeted Wotte yet?

I have. Will post if he responds. Although our last interaction involved me showing him up as a clown, so i doubt he'll respond.

I've seen plenty of highlights of this guy through trawling twitter but they are hard to find now im looking again, I've seen his goals and assists in the youth UCL games as recently as a few month ago, anyone able to help me find this again? Cheers

I would of loved to have seen jack harper training with our main squad if strachan wanted to take the lad across for experience. However for a player of Harpers potential not to get named in our u19 squad is baffling. Sbragia needs mental help

What I don't get is how Sbragia and Strachan are happy to admit nobody has really gone and watched the boy play.

But yet whenever someone unearths an 'eligible' down south, sometimes only a year or two older than Harper but playing in the Championship etc they are able to watch them plenty and then approach them to switch. Why aren't we watching Harper?

It's the sort of attitude that would put a young player off moving abroad. Would Harper all of a sudden get more involved if he got punted by Madrid and signed for Blackpool?

"I'm not saying I'm right....." "Hopefully I'm right......" WTF - strange for a dinosaur to be spineless

Only Scotland :angry:

Here on TAMB we've been aware of, and watching and waiting for, Jack Harper for years now. Six years in fact since he first started to make "the cut" at Real Madrid , which he's now done every year since 2009

...and look what do when he's looking ready to take his chance

People on here are saying that by picking big physical guys and runners Sbragia is placing getting results at the expense of player development.

What?!!!! So we still think a physical approach gets results? Aye right. Have we learnt nothing? All this at a time when WGS is finally getting Scotland playing some football and restoring pride in performance.

A few years ago we had a prolific young goalscorer. He built on his phenomenal youthful success and, over the next 5 years or so, created possibly the best goalscoring record in the UK. He remains our highest ever scorer at U-21 level, and has moved up the divisions since.

That young player has an exemplary attitude and is desperate to play for Scotland. He is of course Jordan Rhodes but he's not young any more - he's 25.

Jack Harper must not become this generation's lost star.

Sbragia should have seen him half a dozen times and met him each time, put his arm around him, told him what a future he could have with Scotland. Instead he's told him of the coach's vision of Scotland as hard working cloggers. It's a fvckin disgrace

"I don't know if I'm right"

"Hopefully I'm right"

Strange for a dinosaur to be spineless

So Sbragia thinks physical players and runners is the key to getting results? Has he learnt nothing?

He should have seen Harper several times and met him to put an arm around him, tell him he's a big part of his plans, that he has a great future with Scotland. Instead he tells him that the coach's vision is of a team of big, hard-running cloggers. FFS!

Only Scotland :angry:

5 or 6 years ago Jordan Rhodes was a teenage goalscoring sensation. He remains our record scorer at U-21 level and has continued his goalscoring record while maturing and moving up a division, as well as scoring when called on by Scotland.

He has an exemplary record and desperately wants to play for us. Another country of our size would have given him 30 caps by now and he'd have a dozen international goals.

He's not young any more - he's 25 and must feel he's on trial.

Let's get round Jack Harper and make sure he knows how much we value him by including him at every opportunity

Can someone tweet Jack Harper and tell him to have a look on here to see the disgust that everyone feels for this clown Sbragia. I know it seems as if we are building this boy up as we are desperate for a star BUT I firmly believe you do not get a contract for 5 years at Real Madrid without being special. I am more than happy to put my faith in their coaches opinions. I am also more raging than I was yesterday over this due WGS comments in the scotsman.

wotte was over at least a couple of times to see him, going by twitter they had a good relationship.

even kevin bridges went to meet him when he was over in madrid ffs

the amount of duff players that end up in these squads as well it really is unbelievable, mark beck anyone ?

I cant seem to access this at my work but was working last night:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26p5co_jack-harper-v-basel-u19s_sport

Something not right if this isn't good enough for us.

Cheers mate. Any more is appreciated. I've seen plenty of him but it's hard to find exactly where I saw it.

The saving grace is the fact his dad said he will need to see what the situation is like when he's 21, 2 years away, he's still wanting to play for us just now.

Can someone tweet Jack Harper and tell him to have a look on here to see the disgust that everyone feels for this clown Sbragia. I know it seems as if we are building this boy up as we are desperate for a star BUT I firmly believe you do not get a contract for 5 years at Real Madrid without being special. I am more than happy to put my faith in their coaches opinions. I am also more raging than I was yesterday over this due WGS comments in the scotsman.

To be honest, It's not about building him up, making him out to be better than he his or getting our hopes up for a world star - it's about the questions it raises about one of our development coaches and our entire system, if we can't find a place for a player that's progressing well at Real Madrid. I don't want to put pressure on Harper at all and heap expectation on him - Im far more concerned about what this episode tells us about our entire development strategy and what message it sends to other kids and coaches.

Just did it.

@Jamie_Bryce: @Jackharper7 the Tartan Army Message Board is baffled by this

http://t.co/5UNzMM4yAg

We look forward to seeing you score #goals @ Hampden

J

Just did it.

J

It's for these reasons I love social media. You can guarantee Harper knows how much he is wanted because of all the affection and outrage that has being spouted the last 24hrs.

He might be too old for the next u19 squad so lets hope Lennon, or whoever is in charge, gets him in the u21s as quickly as possible.

I mean Feruz was in the u21s at 17 for doing a lot less, for crying out loud. How is Harper not in the u19s at least. Baffling

Edited by Tartan blood

Just did it.

J

Cheers Jamie. A chant tonight would be fantastic for the boy and also make Sbragia feel the need to come out with some sort of apology,not for not picking a player as that is his duty, but to say what he did is something a sunday league coach wouldny even say.

old pals act is it ? whats he saying from beyond the grave ?

Basically saying that playing for Real Madrid doesn't make him better than other Scottish players and other negative pish along the same lines

That senile auld git Brown talking shite on sky sports just now.

I got the feeling he had been told what to say there. he almost contradicted himself by saying just because you sign for Real Madrid doesn't mean you are a great footballer though went on to say most of them are.

He was almost trying too hard to back Sbragia but sit on the fence at the same time.

strangely enough before they got on the subject he was asked about what was more important for players at youth level, physical stature or skill and technical ability and he said the later.

Edited by Jagtag