Distribution Of Ssc Ticket For Euro 2016 If We Qualify - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Distribution Of Ssc Ticket For Euro 2016 If We Qualify

Robroysboy

For France 98 I got 1 ticket for the Norway game and hadn't been to any of the away games.

if we get there and the allocation is what has been quoted (20%) then there should be enough for everyone on 1-10 points. When England drops off the number of 1 pointers will plummet.

For France '98 I had attended one away qualifier (Sweden) and was therefor allocated a ticket for the Brazil match only - which I thought was fair. If the current points system was used back then, I would have been allocated tickets for all three games and you would have received zilch - not fair.

Not sure where this 20% is coming from? It was certainly less than 10% in 1998 and hospitality packages have increased 10 fold since then.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals are a unique experience and can't be treated the same as any other game imo. Tweaking a points system to give those who have been to 4 of the last 10 away games the opportunity to buy a ticket for 1 of the 3 finals games is hardly benefiting those who don't want to travel.

I see what your saying but as usual when there is a big game where tickets are like gold dust people start complaining about the points system because they will lose out and so want it changed to suit their circumstances.

Someone who went to 4 away games should always get priority over someone on 3 or 2 etc. Firstly because that is the rules and everyone knows it. Secondly because we have only had about 2 of the last 15/16 games that weren't available to all points so nobody can complain about not being able to get on the ladder.

For France '98 I had attended one away qualifier (Sweden) and was therefor allocated a ticket for the Brazil match only - which I thought was fair. If the current points system was used back then, I would have been allocated tickets for all three games and you would have received zilch - not fair.

Not sure where this 20% is coming from? It was certainly less than 10% in 1998 and hospitality packages have increased 10 fold since then.

I honestly didn't think I deserved a ticket for the finals and didn't expect to get one either but applied anyway and couldn't believe how lucky I was.

I thought that it might have been because I had been to all 3 games at euro 96 when the SFA had to return thousands of unsold tickets. I had also thought that if they had looked at the last 10 away games then those games might have still counted. Probably nothing to do with it but I wasn't sure how I could get one having never been to any of the away qualifiers.

20% is pretty shite. The finals.should be about the stadiums being full of fans of the two teams playing. A ####load must go to corporate etc which is crap. Yes im aware this is how it will always be.

I honestly didn't think I deserved a ticket for the finals and didn't expect to get one either but applied anyway and couldn't believe how lucky I was.

I thought that it might have been because I had been to all 3 games at euro 96 when the SFA had to return thousands of unsold tickets. I had also thought that if they had looked at the last 10 away games then those games might have still counted. Probably nothing to do with it but I wasn't sure how I could get one having never been to any of the away qualifiers.

I think it was just down to the numbers of STC members at the time, certainly less than 10000. I don't recall any really massive away followings. Largest was probably Gothenburg and I doubt that was more than 3000.