Congratulations Hearts - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congratulations Hearts

Two things here:

Hibs play at Easter road, not Hearts, although they both start with an H and come from Edinburgh so I can see why you seem to be getting confused.

Posting a video of a crowd from 21 years ago,when you probably weren't even born, doesn't really explain to me why you would think Tynecastle is such a good away day given you will only take a few bus loads at a push next season.

1. I was at the game at Easter Road in 1993. A fine day it was too. We aren't all daft wee boys from Port Glasgow.

2. I would be more concerned about your own dwindling support. Hearts, hibs and even Ayr have brought more to RP than you lot recently.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that we've found one of the bed wetters that Angus was talking about.

Not at all, I'm delighted that their first response was to think of Rangers :ok:

TT

1. I was at the game at Easter Road in 1993. A fine day it was too. We aren't all daft wee boys from Port Glasgow.

2. I would be more concerned about your own dwindling support. Hearts, hibs and even Ayr have brought more to RP than you lot recently.

1. You seem to have a thing for boys from Port Glasgow because I've seen you accuse about 4 different people in my time here. Did a wee Port boy shag your wife or something?

2. We don't have a dwindling away support. We sell out most games. Our last game at Rugby park was a Monday night, the same Monday that everyone went back to work after Christmas holidays, so not really a fair comparison.

Edited by At U Peter

Think most teams are the same although ours has been more noticeable.

Ayrshire is rife with unemployment unfortunately.

Ayrshire (and Lanarkshire) also suffer massively from the Glasgow drain. It's sad but there are probably more Celtic and Rangers fans in Ayrshire than Killie and Ayr fans.

Had full stand when we drew 2-2 in Scottish cup. Naisy last minute equaliser.

We took about 2,500 the following season in cup too. Lost 2-1.

Good stuff, in the midst of the JJ years too. I was working abroad at the time so missed those ones.

Ayrshire (and Lanarkshire) also suffer massively from the Glasgow drain. It's sad but there are probably more Celtic and Rangers fans in Ayrshire than Killie and Ayr fans.

There's more of them in Killie and Ayr never mind the whole shire!

1. You seem to have a thing for boys from Port Glasgow because I've seen you accuse about 4 different people in my time here. Did a wee Port boy shag your wife or something?

2. We don't have a dwindling away support. We sell out most games. Our last game at Rugby park was a Monday night, the same Monday that everyone went back to work after Christmas holidays, so not really a fair comparison.

Apart from league deciders, you've not sold it out in about ten years.

No probably about it.

I went to school in Saltcoats and there were about 20 killie fans in full school. Rest were tims.

Hearts took a gamble in ditching their young squad for more seasoned professionals and it paid off. Hats of to them, well deserved winners.

oh you are funny sometimes

yes it was sad to see those youngsters Hamill, Stevenson and McDonald getting ditched.

You can see the massive improvement that some proper experienced players are having on the youngsters rather than Gary Lockes pals.

Budgement day was one of the best thigs to happen to Hearts

No probably about it.

I went to school in Saltcoats and there were about 20 killie fans in full school. Rest were tims.

I went to Ardrossan Academy and I knew of two other Killie fans. There was one Celtic fan, the rest huns. Huge school too.

I went to Ardrossan Academy and I knew of two other Killie fans. There was one Celtic fan, the rest huns. Huge school too.

There's a lot more than that now, my sister teaches there and there's quite a few killie fans.

I drink in lauriston and it's probably 60% Celtic, 30% killie and rest Rangers.

so that was a thrilling championship then. Better than the SPL just as we were told it would be by the media.

Ffs man give it a rest. The same regurgitated pish over and over. The media in this country are baw bags IMO however before a ball was kicked, I don't think it was unfair to say the Championship looked like it would be a closer run thing than the Premiership. Within a couple of months it was obvious that it wouldnt pan out that way. Here we are 5 months later and you and a few others are STILL going on about it. Try and move on m8 :)

I think it's fair to say that Hearts and Aberdeen have surprised a lot of people this term.....and its to their immense credit I have to say.

oh you are funny sometimes

yes it was sad to see those youngsters Hamill, Stevenson and McDonald getting ditched.

You can see the massive improvement that some proper experienced players are having on the youngsters rather than Gary Lockes pals.

Budgement day was one of the best thigs to happen to Hearts

Credit wheres credit due, you have been the best and most consistent team. Nothing wrong by signing well to win the league. Levein also deserves a lot of credit (believe me that is through gritted teeth) However, you cant deny the bulk of your team and squad have been brought in and you have ditched your "golden" generation.

team line up for Saturday was

Heart of Midlothian

• 01 Alexander
  • 02 Paterson
  • 05 Ozturk
  • 04 Wilson
  • 44 Eckersley
  • 12 King
  • 14 Pallardo Gonzalez
  • 06 Gomis Booked
  • 07 Walker (Anderson - 86' )
  • 20 Sow (Nicholson - 75' )
  • 23 Zeefuik Booked (Keatings - 81' )

Of the starting line up, I count 3 that were from the Hearts youth set up?

Edited by giblet

Credit wheres credit due, you have been the best and most consistent team. Nothing wrong by signing well to win the league. Levein also deserves a lot of credit (believe me that is through gritted teeth) However, you cant deny the bulk of your team and squad have been brought in and you have ditched your "golden" generation.

team line up for Saturday was

Heart of Midlothian

• 01 Alexander
  • 02 Paterson
  • 05 Ozturk
  • 04 Wilson
  • 44 Eckersley
  • 12 King
  • 14 Pallardo Gonzalez
  • 06 Gomis Booked
  • 07 Walker (Anderson - 86' )
  • 20 Sow (Nicholson - 75' )
  • 23 Zeefuik Booked (Keatings - 81' )

Of the starting line up, I count 3 that were from the Hearts youth set up?

Ditched our golden generation?

Carrick is injured

Mchattie is just back and played in midweek

Mcghee is getting blooded slowly

McKay is away at the end of the season

Nicholson/king and walker are getting rotated as the all like to play wide.

Holt is away

Robinson is not good enough.

Of course we had to bring players in, we were struggling to fill the bench at some points last season.

Your bitterness and envy make me smile

Ffs man give it a rest. The same regurgitated pish over and over. The media in this country are baw bags IMO however before a ball was kicked, I don't think it was unfair to say the Championship looked like it would be a closer run thing than the Premiership. Within a couple of months it was obvious that it wouldnt pan out that way. Here we are 5 months later and you and a few others are STILL going on about it. Try and move on m8 :)

I think it's fair to say that Hearts and Aberdeen have surprised a lot of people this term.....and its to their immense credit I have to say.

mate, I'll move on when scottish football moves on. My regurgitated p*sh is nothing compared to what this countries sports media turns out on a continual basis. unfortunately there are too many supporters who lap it up and beg for more. you should be grateful to be reminded when this blatant sh*te fails to come to fruition.

mate, I'll move on when scottish football moves on. My regurgitated p*sh is nothing compared to what this countries sports media turns out on a continual basis. unfortunately there are too many supporters who lap it up and beg for more. you should be grateful to be reminded when this blatant sh*te fails to come to fruition.

That wasn't directed at you as such, just this board in general gets a bit like that.

Anyway Our papers are written by idiots for idiots. I think Its been over a decade since I gave any of the khunts my money. Everything needs to be taken on its merits though. Given that Celtic won the league at a canter the previous season and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs all came into the same division was it not a fair enough assessment on this occasion?

Very easy to be bitter and indignant with hindsight m8.

That wasn't directed at you as such, just this board in general gets a bit like that.

Anyway Our papers are written by idiots for idiots. I think Its been over a decade since I gave any of the khunts my money. Everything needs to be taken on its merits though. Given that Celtic won the league at a canter the previous season and Rangers, Hearts and Hibs all came into the same division was it not a fair enough assessment on this occasion?

Very easy to be bitter and indignant with hindsight m8.

aye point taken. and we agree on the idiots writing the paper stories.