Scotland Players In Action - Page 56 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to play players on form in the next two games. Loyalty to players that have done a job for us in the past will only get us so far.

Anya is a case in point, not performing that we'll for Watford from what I can gather so shouldn't just walk back into the starting line up.

Edited by kmcca5

We need to play players on form in the next two games. Loyalty to players that have done a job for us in the past will only get us so far.

Anya is a case in point, not performing that we'll for Watford from what I can gather so shouldn't just walk back into the starting line up.

last weekend Anya was top.Every team needs a fast winger and he's ours IMO.

Whatever .........

We'd be totally fecked sideways if we had dross like Forrest, Adam, Phillips and Burke starting for us. Their not worth considering for Scotland anymore.

Jack, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Gauld on the other hand are.

Calm down :lol:

The first 8 players I mentioned are the players that will be in the squad and probably won't be forced out for the next two games.

The second list of players was used to show why players like Gauld, Armstrong, GMS and Jack haven't been given a chance yet - because there have been better options ahead of them. These 4 players are getting close to the squad and it's got nothing to do with the team they play for now or who they played for in the past.

Different managers and teams use different systems and Strachan has always got the best out of Anya. Maybe our style suits him.

It would be a big risk to try change things too much when it appears to be working. A little tweak here and there maybe but Strachan won't be making wholesale changes.

Calm down :lol:

The first 8 players I mentioned are the players that will be in the squad and probably won't be forced out for the next two games.

The second list of players was used to show why players like Gauld, Armstrong, GMS and Jack haven't been given a chance yet - because there have been better options ahead of them. These 4 players are getting close to the squad and it's got nothing to do with the team they play for now or who they played for in the past.

I am calm. You were that was that was absolutely raging a week or so ago at Alex Davey not mentioning he played for Scotland on his twitter page. It was the crime of the century.

And nice backtracking. Your point clearly was that mediocre players like Burke, Adam and Forrest (and that's what they are) should be in the squad for feck knows what reason. Their yesterdays men.

I am calm. You were that was that was absolutely raging a week or so ago at Alex Davey not mentioning he played for Scotland on his twitter page. It was the crime of the century.

And nice backtracking. Your point clearly was that mediocre players like Burke, Adam and Forrest (and that's what they are) should be in the squad for feck knows what reason. Their yesterdays men.

Go and read it again and then I'll accept your apology.

Brown was a slight disappointment for me. Didn't do enough to control the game.

For me, it says a lot that Bitton got MOTM and not Brown.

Watched a different game to me. I thought he was absolutely awesome, he never gave the ball away once that I can remember.

Agreed actually thought be was very effective never gave ball away and kept the flow moving. Biton on other hand gave ball away on numerous occasions. Brown could easily play in Serie A as could Armstrong

Brown was a slight disappointment for me. Didn't do enough to control the game.

For me, it says a lot that Bitton got MOTM and not Brown.

Watched a different game to me. I thought he was absolutely awesome, he never gave the ball away once that I can remember.

Agreed actually thought be was very effective never gave ball away and kept the flow moving. Biton on other hand gave ball away on numerous occasions. Brown could easily play in Serie A as could Armstrong

Yeah it was a fantastic performance I thought, and he was the outstanding player on the pitch. he is normally guilty of committing a couple of howlers when a pass seems as basic as it could be, but last night all his flicks and touches came off and his weight of pass was spot on and some of his cross field passing looked very assured when it isn't always.

In fairness, I never said Brown had a bad game.

He never once got dispossessed, and his pass completion rate was 87%.

It's just that, if you could write the script for Scott Brown - a cold wet night in Glasgow in a packed stadium against a bunch of over-rated Italians who were leaving too much space in the middle of the park - you couldn't have come up with a better one. He had a good game, I just thought that was his chance to show just how good a player he is.

Phillips assist again for QPR

According to whoscored, Matt Phillips has been one of the worst players in the EPL this season.

However, he's now just put in his two best performances of the season in back-to-back games.

He's even gotten 3 assists in the last two games.

I wonder if he can keep it up?