Scotland Players In Action - Page 103 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed it for you :ok:

You may well be right, and I hope that you are.

My point was that I believe he is as good as some of the midfielders that frequent our squad,I wish people would at least try and talk up the talent that is produced in Scotland. Instead the mentality of many is that if he plays for any other team outside Celtic in Scotland,then he cannot be good enough. ...

I believe we have had a right good few Scottish players come through the ranks in SCOTLAND recently,and long may that continue.

To say that he is not as good as we have is more than a little patronising and very blinkered in my view.

If we keep talking down our game domestically, then how do we believe that it will get any better?

Anyway,rant over.....

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

I think Jack is a cracking player but he plays in our strongest position. He'll get (lots of) caps but he has to work hard to get ahead of some good players in his position.

He's worked very hard and done a lot more to earn caps than many people who've been given them.

I wasn't saying he hasn't.

But he's not done enough yet to get ahead of the likes of Brown, Morrison, Fletcher and McArthur.

I'd say he's done enough to earn a run out in a game like the Qatar one. We need to get players caps and experience, so that they are able to step in more comfortably in a big game if injuries/suspensions dictate that they have to. We can agree to disagree though.

I agree with parklife that jack deserves a call up,our midfield is getting older and id prefer some younger players to start picking up games here and there so we dont end up in the situation like the early 2000's with berti having only 4 or 5 experienced players to choose from,although the team should have a few more years left in it.

You may well be right, and I hope that you are.

My point was that I believe he is as good as some of the midfielders that frequent our squad,I wish people would at least try and talk up the talent that is produced in Scotland. Instead the mentality of many is that if he plays for any other team outside Celtic in Scotland,then he cannot be good enough. ...

I believe we have had a right good few Scottish players come through the ranks in SCOTLAND recently,and long may that continue.

To say that he is not as good as we have is more than a little patronising and very blinkered in my view.

If we keep talking down our game domestically, then how do we believe that it will get any better?

Anyway,rant over.....

Who do you have in mind? I cant think of too many. Certainly not too many that have challenged for a place in the team recently.

On Ryan Jack - i agree he looks a good player but he is no youngster anymore and as Pasta Mick has said its our strongest position. Is he currently better than Brown, Morrison, Fletcher and McArthur? Probably not - does he deserve his chance in friendlies and in the squad - probably yes

I'd say he's done enough to earn a run out in a game like the Qatar one. We need to get players caps and experience, so that they are able to step in more comfortably in a big game if injuries/suspensions dictate that they have to. We can agree to disagree though.

I haven't seen him play much but agree we need to be getting these guys game time in friendly games so that if needed and when they are ready they have a bit of experience rather than just being flung in.

I thought Parklife was against anyone who wasn't born and bred in Scotland. Changed his tune once be knew he was wrong

Jack was born in Scotland :blink:

Anyway I'm sure Parky can defend himself but he's never said that, nor has anyone on here in terms of eligibility that I'm aware of. You're talking shite.

Nope Jack Harper was born in Spain.

Parklife is always moaning about English born players. The guy has a serious chip on his shoulder. I'm sure he said he didn't believe James Morrison should be in our squad. Along with other guys like Ritchie and Philips etc.

Parklife is always moaning about English born players. The guy has a serious chip on his shoulder. I'm sure he said he didn't believe James Morrison should be in our squad. Along with other guys like Ritchie and Philips etc.

Aren't we talking about Ryan Jack?

He's not alone in thinking those players shouldn't be in our squad for reasons that have been well argued

:lol:

You are clearly an idiot who cannot read and understand.

I like you though, you cling to your idiocy and proudly display it for all to see. That takes guts. Well done :ok:

:lol:

You are clearly an idiot who cannot read and understand.

I like you though, you cling to your idiocy and proudly display it for all to see. That takes guts. Well done :ok:

Nah, you are clearly racist for thinking James "I don't feel very Scottish" Morrison should not be playing for Scotland.

Who do you have in mind? I cant think of too many. Certainly not too many that have challenged for a place in the team recently.

On Ryan Jack - i agree he looks a good player but he is no youngster anymore and as Pasta Mick has said its our strongest position. Is he currently better than Brown, Morrison, Fletcher and McArthur? Probably not - does he deserve his chance in friendlies and in the squad - probably yes

Robertson for one. The likes of mackay-steven and Armstrong are knocking on the door. Bain at dundee, gauld...there are more that will be there o there abouts in a few years hopefully.

Not to mention the likes of snodgrass, Hutton, gordon, Marshall, mcgregor, brown, Steven Fletcher,naismith,Griffiths that were all developed up here.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

Robertson for one. The likes of mackay-steven and Armstrong are knocking on the door. Bain at dundee, gauld...there are more that will be there o there abouts in a few years hopefully.

Not to mention the likes of snodgrass, Hutton, gordon, Marshall, mcgregor, brown, Steven Fletcher,naismith,Griffiths that were all developed up here.

You did say youngsters coming through recently - for recently i would regard last couple of years and players 23 or under. The majority of players you mentioned are not recent and Mackay-Steven is 25 in a months time - not a youngster.

I'll give you Robertson and hopefully Gauld but thats about it. Not many others challenging for places in an ageing national team

Nah, you are clearly racist for thinking James "I don't feel very Scottish" Morrison should not be playing for Scotland.

The fact that he's wittering on about players "born and bred" in Scotland shows that he's never actually read and understood and post I've made. :lol: