Scotland Players In Action - Page 77 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like McDonald. He'll get a decent number of caps eventually.

I agree. Potentially the best passer of a ball we have.

He now has 10 assists for the season (from defensive midfield), he's played more successful long passes than any other player in the league (barring goal keepers), he's played more successful short passes than anyone in the league, and he's played more successful throughballs than anyone too.

He just needs to get back into one of the top leagues.

Edited by davew

I agree. Potentially the best passer of a ball we have.

He now has 10 assists for the season (from defensive midfield), he's played more successful long passes than any other player in the league (barring goal keepers), he's played more successful short passes than anyone in the league, and he's played more successful throughballs than anyone too.

He just needs to get back into one of the top leagues.

you seem to be obsessed with statistics.

Not sure if it's yoirself only but that's a couple of posts about McGhee and scouting. He scouts who Strachan tells him too.

i say it half tongue in cheek but im sure with his knowledge of lower league english football he is allowed to go out on his own free will and hunt down english born players ;-)

Edited by LewisEDI

I noticed Kennedy was supposedly very good for Cardiff today and Watt had another bit of skill and an assist

We have so many players that could be in the squad these days it's great

It is good.

What we need now is a few more defensive options, a couple of the forwards to step up and start scoring consistently at international level.

Also, what we really need, is for at least one of these good options to become a great option. We must be one of the few sides looking to qualify for France that doesn't have a top draw player.

It is good.

What we need now is a few more defensive options, a couple of the forwards to step up and start scoring consistently at international level.

Also, what we really need, is for at least one of these good options to become a great option. We must be one of the few sides looking to qualify for France that doesn't have a top draw player.

The last TOP player was probably mcfadden, last campaign if anyone snodgrass was our best player, this campaign its been sean maloney.

Our strength is our team spirit, but we haven't had a world beater since kenny dalgliesh.

The last TOP player was probably mcfadden, last campaign if anyone snodgrass was our best player, this campaign its been sean maloney.

Our strength is our team spirit, but we haven't had a world beater since kenny dalgliesh.

Faddy was my favourite player but even I wouldn't describe him as a top player in the traditional sense.

It is good.

Iceland? They seem to be playing well

Good example although I think Sigeursson is a cracking player and we'd love to have a forward with a record like Sigborsson.

Forgot to mention Austria aswell.

Although theres quite a few sides who have still to really show up

Sweden, Russia, Germany, Belgium,and Holland

I hope none of them make it to be honest

Forgot to mention Austria aswell.

Alaba is a fantastic player.

Janko has a good record at this level too.

I'm not playing down our squad but we do miss a top player or two. A few years ago I would have considered Fletcher in that bracket. Ferguson and Lambert before him. McFadden wasn't the best player but he had a good record at this level, better than anyone we have now.

Something magical happened when mcfadden pulled on the dark blue.

Fletcher, Ferguson and Lambert were all class players. I dont think we have any outstanding players but as a team on the park we can compete with just about anyone.

I quite enjoy our underdog status