Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well are still in this. 2 massive defensive phuk-ups apart, it's been pretty even.

Agree with that, felt there was always a chance of us taking something from the game.

I enjoyed the game.

Thought Motherwell played well enough in the 1st half to deserve their lead, and if you take the 2 horrible goals we lost away, Aberdeen didn't create a great deal, despite having the better of the 2nd half.

Best team lost, but fair play to aberdeen they grinded out their result.

:-)):-)):-))

Aberdeen weren't great by any shakes but over the 90 mins were clearly the better side.

Motherwell were better than they were on their last visit but that wouldn't have been difficult.

If they put in the effort they did tonight in their remaining games they will give themselves a decent chance of staying up even if via a play off.

:-)):-)):-))

Aberdeen weren't great by any shakes but over the 90 mins were clearly the better side.

Motherwell were better than they were on their last visit but that wouldn't have been difficult.

If they put in the effort they did tonight in their remaining games they will give themselves a decent chance of staying up even if via a play off.

Possession: 53-47

Shots: 14-7

On Target: 5-4

Corners: 7-2

Certainly shoots down his argument!

That was, without doubt, the worst I have seen Aberdeen play all season, and I've had better nights at the Dentist ! There was practically no passing football, it was just lump the ball down the park. The pitch is terrible, with the ball bobbling all over the place, which probably explains why they hardly passed it well. Goodwillie was, once again, an absolute embarrassment for a striker. He has no touch, no pace and is like a little boy throwing a tantrum and stomping his feet because he can't do anything right. Shankland, sitting on the bench, must wonder what he's got to do to be given a run out, when he sees how bad Goodwillie is !

Wish I had spent the £24 admission on drink and watched it on the telly in the pub !!!!

That was, without doubt, the worst I have seen Aberdeen play all season, and I've had better nights at the Dentist ! There was practically no passing football, it was just lump the ball down the park. The pitch is terrible, with the ball bobbling all over the place, which probably explains why they hardly passed it well. Goodwillie was, once again, an absolute embarrassment for a striker. He has no touch, no pace and is like a little boy throwing a tantrum and stomping his feet because he can't do anything right. Shankland, sitting on the bench, must wonder what he's got to do to be given a run out, when he sees how bad Goodwillie is !

Wish I had spent the £24 admission on drink and watched it on the telly in the pub !!!!

I agree with most of that. McInnes really fecked up tonight though and should bear the brunt of the frustration. The starting team was bizarre at best. The rumour is that the loan deal for Donervan means we pay more if he doesn't play - that's the only defence I have for McInnes.

Worst I've seen the dons play in a couple of seasons. We are poor without Hayes. I also hoped for much more from McLean than we've seen so far. It's there, he just needs to use it somehow.

As for Well, they're actually ok. They're defence is honking though - and yes Straker, might be about the poorest player I've seen this season!

What game did some on here watch? Did they watch it through the Motherwell managers eyes too? Motherwell have improved compared to the last time they were at pittodrie but No way were they the better side, aberdeen created a lot of chances in the first half but didn't convert them..... Jack had two chances and McLean had three. we were the better side, and the stats back it up.

Wors performance of the season from aberdeen but we still won. The Motherwell manager is deluded.

Scott McDonald is useful but he'd be even more useful to motherwel if he'd stop fouling players and mouthing at the ref.

Results don't always tell the story. Though we probably played better and created more chances in both the games you mention but lost - neither of those performances was representative of a 3-0 defeat. We were honking last night and were gifted two goals.

I'm not a fan of the McInnes experiments - they never seem to go very well. Credit to him for recognising his error and making a first half sub, but why he started with that team can surely only be down to commercial issues....I hope.

Hamilton game:

We had 8 shots - 3 on target - both less than last night.
Utd game 12 shots - 0 on target - again worse than last night
I think there is a general tendency to describe most recent games/goals/tackles etc as the best or worst when it isn't.
We weren't over run when playing poorly last night and were always in the game.
It wasn't a good performance but it was good enough to win and that is what really matters at this stage of the season. I can see a few more results having to be ground out between now and the end of the season and that will apply to every single team in the league. What separates the better teams from the rest in the ability to get the points in games like last night. It's been some time since that trait has been in evidence at Pittodrie. All too often in recent years its been the opposition who haven't played well but still won.

Not sure attempts on target are the sole performance benchmark.

Not a benchmark either, but I think there were excuses for the Utd and Hamilton games. Last night we should have been fresh, revived, angry, ready to make amends and generally really up for it. That all said, I don't necessarily hold the players responsible for last night.

The positives are the 3 points and as you say, the ability to get them despite the performance. It was an off night. It happens and we were fortunate that it cost us nothing. We hopefully learn from it and move in.....

It wasn't Aberdeen's worst performance of the season by any stretch of the imagination.

Utd at home Hamilton away were light years worse than last night.

I should have said it was the worst performance I have seen this season, I missed the United and Hamilton matches

Not sure attempts on target are the sole performance benchmark.

Not a benchmark either, but I think there were excuses for the Utd and Hamilton games. Last night we should have been fresh, revived, angry, ready to make amends and generally really up for it. That all said, I don't necessarily hold the players responsible for last night.

The positives are the 3 points and as you say, the ability to get them despite the performance. It was an off night. It happens and we were fortunate that it cost us nothing. We hopefully learn from it and move in.....

Think we'll need to disagree on this.

I don't think any team and I include the multi billion sides in Europe play well all the time. Sometimes you just grind it out - something we had previously been particularly bad at with teams coming to Pittodrie being average at best and still winning.

A big factor last night was that Hayes and Flood were not available and Peter Pawlett was only fit to play up to an hour. That is 3/4 of our midfield or at least was until Kenny McLean arrived. That forced, wrongly in my opinion, trying to keep Daniels in the side. Hopefully all 3 will be available to play a week on Monday.

I don't think any team and I include the multi billion sides in Europe play well all the time. Sometimes you just grind it out - something we had previously been particularly bad at with teams coming to Pittodrie being average at best and still winning.

A big factor last night was that Hayes and Flood were not available and Peter Pawlett was only fit to play up to an hour. That is 3/4 of our midfield or at least was until Kenny McLean arrived. That forced, wrongly in my opinion, trying to keep Daniels in the side. Hopefully all 3 will be available to play a week on Monday.

I don't think we are disagreeing?! Crap performance but we won. Crap performances happen, but we are learning to get past that and just get 3 points.

Definitely missed Hayes, think I said that earlier. Not sure about Flood - doesn't seem to be the player he was when first arriving. Pawlett seems to be letting this season pass him by. McLean just about did enough. I can see Shinnie playing in there more than at left back......

On the occasions I've seen you this season I would imagine Flood missing was a bonus no? Granted I've only watched you boys 5 times at the most.

Agree with your other point. Reading some of the Dons fans posts with interest I must say. A few of your fans are very much a tough crowd to please. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to criticise but a bit of perspective required I think.

I think Celtic will win the league and it has ultimately come down to the results against them that has/will cost you. Both sides have dropped silly points but not anywhere near on the same scale as you have done in previous seasons. Last night would be a prime example of that I would think.

It's all about progress innit?

Anyone know what the rammy in Section Y was all about?

Group of 20-30 youngish lads with flags who were singing and jumping about a fair bit. Half way through second half they were throwing haymakers at each other - no idea who, what, why though! Other supporters around them seemed to be getting hacked off with them too - judging by the "sit down shut up" chant as the stewards arrived to sort things out.

Edited by SMcoolJ

I don't think Pawlett has been fully fit this season.

Nearly always the first player subbed.

Flood can still have his uses.

Suppose a lot will depend on if Ryan Jack stays or not where Shinnie might fit in.

Think we can see why McInnes wants another winger in as we need cover for Hayes to keep the same style and shape. Up to Driver to show he can be that player.