Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Motherwell Thread And Score Predictions

On the occasions I've seen you this season I would imagine Flood missing was a bonus no? Granted I've only watched you boys 5 times at the most.

Agree with your other point. Reading some of the Dons fans posts with interest I must say. A few of your fans are very much a tough crowd to please. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to criticise but a bit of perspective required I think.

I think Celtic will win the league and it has ultimately come down to the results against them that has/will cost you. Both sides have dropped silly points but not anywhere near on the same scale as you have done in previous seasons. Last night would be a prime example of that I would think.

It's all about progress innit?

Good post and difficult to disagree with.

Flood is a bit marmite for fans and always will be. He was our best player in the St Mirren game then had a mare at Celtic. Given he wasn't in 18 last night I assume he's injured - maybe not fully fit. I think there will be games that suit him though - not always as a starter.

Before McInnes arrived we were losing last night's type of game 8 times out of 10. Now that is down to maybe 1 out of 10 - huge progress. McInnes like every other manager makes mistakes and will continue to do so but on the whole he has moved our team on massively. I think he and the club are a perfect fit for each other and hopefully the next 2 seasons will see just how far we and he can go in terms of his 4 year 'project'.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post and difficult to disagree with.

Flood is a bit marmite for fans and always will be. He was our best player in the St Mirren game then had a mare at Celtic. Given he wasn't in 18 last night I assume he's injured - maybe not fully fit. I think there will be games that suit him though - not always as a starter.

Before McInnes arrived we were losing last night's type of game 8 times out of 10. Now that is down to maybe 1 out of 10 - huge progress. McInnes like every other manager makes mistakes and will continue to do so but on the whole he has moved our team on massively. I think he and the club are a perfect fit for each other and hopefully the next 2 seasons will see just how far we and he can go in terms of his 4 year 'project'.

Would have to agree. The biggest complement I can pay you boys is that fans of other teams are now just expecting you to win games like last night. I don't think I've looked at an Aberdeen team like that since you took us to the last day of the season in 1991.

Agree about McIness. I would have him at Rangers in a heartbeat.

What game did some on here watch? Did they watch it through the Motherwell managers eyes too? Motherwell have improved compared to the last time they were at pittodrie but No way were they the better side, aberdeen created a lot of chances in the first half but didn't convert them..... Jack had two chances and McLean had three. we were the better side, and the stats back it up.

Wors performance of the season from aberdeen but we still won. The Motherwell manager is deluded.

I thought it was a good performance, and if you'd been watching motherwell every week for the last 18 months, you'd understand our positivity at the performance.

Motherwell wouldn't expect to take on a good Aberdeen team on good form and dominate. We set out with a plan to sit in and break quickly. The plan was going reasonably well until we gifted Aberdeen 2 goals.

In terms of clear cut chances (as opposed to shots at goal) I thought we matched Aberdeen.

Yes, Aberdeen were better than motherwell in the 2nd half, but never really looked like getting a 3rd.

Scott McDonald is useful but he'd be even more useful to motherwel if he'd stop fouling players and mouthing at the ref.

Can't argue with that, in the grand scheme of things the booking is probably irrelevant, but needless none the less, and he seemed determined to get his money's worth, went down far too easily on at least 2 occasions too.

Would have to agree. The biggest complement I can pay you boys is that fans of other teams are now just expecting you to win games like last night. I don't think I've looked at an Aberdeen team like that since you took us to the last day of the season in 1991.

Agree about McIness. I would have him at Rangers in a heartbeat.

Not just saying this because he's our gaffer but I think Rangers would be a bad move for him in the next couple of years.

The time to take the Rangers job is when all the rubbish behind the scenes is totally cleared up and there is a longish term plan in place. That seems a few years away looking from the outside.

Remember McInnes went to Bristol at a time when they started having big problems. It must have been a big shock after working such a good board as he had at St Johnstone. Getting the Aberdeen job must have reminded him that working for a good board with realistic plans is very important.

I actually think McCall is a decent appointment at Ibrox and think if he's given time he'll do fine. I do wonder how much pressure there will be for him or anyone else to be immediately challenging for all trophies if/when they get promoted. In a strange way failing to come up this year might just give McCall the time to rebuild in his way fairly safe in the knowledge that promotion would be achieved next season. By that I mean planning for longer term rather coming up via the play off with a demand to have proper title tilt next season.

Guest faircity

I thought it was a good performance, and if you'd been watching motherwell every week for the last 18 months, you'd understand our positivity at the performance.

Motherwell wouldn't expect to take on a good Aberdeen team on good form and dominate. We set out with a plan to sit in and break quickly. The plan was going reasonably well until we gifted Aberdeen 2 goals.

In terms of clear cut chances (as opposed to shots at goal) I thought we matched Aberdeen.

Yes, Aberdeen were better than motherwell in the 2nd half, but never really looked like getting a 3rd.

Can't argue with that, in the grand scheme of things the booking is probably irrelevant, but needless none the less, and he seemed determined to get his money's worth, went down far too easily on at least 2 occasions too.

Judging from last night, McDonald will be enough to keep Motherwell off the bottom but I'm sure you would be keen to avoid a play off with hibs.

Judging from last night, McDonald will be enough to keep Motherwell off the bottom but I'm sure you would be keen to avoid a play off with hibs.

Pearson has been really good too, a bit of drive in midfield to push us forward, although he was quiet last night.

If McDonald and Pearson can stay fit and play every week Motherwell will have an excellent chance to escape relegation,

A big thanks to accies for drawing against Ross County but Motherwell must win the Lanarkshire derby on friday. 3 POINTS IS A MUST.

Not just saying this because he's our gaffer but I think Rangers would be a bad move for him in the next couple of years.

The time to take the Rangers job is when all the rubbish behind the scenes is totally cleared up and there is a longish term plan in place. That seems a few years away looking from the outside.

Remember McInnes went to Bristol at a time when they started having big problems. It must have been a big shock after working such a good board as he had at St Johnstone. Getting the Aberdeen job must have reminded him that working for a good board with realistic plans is very important.

I actually think McCall is a decent appointment at Ibrox and think if he's given time he'll do fine. I do wonder how much pressure there will be for him or anyone else to be immediately challenging for all trophies if/when they get promoted. In a strange way failing to come up this year might just give McCall the time to rebuild in his way fairly safe in the knowledge that promotion would be achieved next season. By that I mean planning for longer term rather coming up via the play off with a demand to have proper title tilt next season.

Agree with most of this. Spot on about mcinnes, he would be off his rocker to come near us just now. I do rate him as a manager though. Carries himself very well and seems very assured with what he is doing.

I'll reserve judgement on McCall just now. IIf it is just until the end of the season then it's maybe not such a bad appointment. Personally think it will be made more permanent though and it seems very lazy to me. We need a complete clean out and to get away from this 'Rangers man' 'old pals act' mentality.

As I say though I have tremendous respect for him and as such I'll give him a chance to get his feet under the table before slaughtering him. The comments from the well fans on here seem pretty balanced though and ready g them and considering his approach I'm not convinced we will see too many big changes long term under him.

First half was the worst we've played since Hamilton in October and Motherwell deserved to be ahead. Good on McInnes for realising that Daniels in midfield wasn't working and fixed it quickly.

Second half we were the better team without again hitting the level of performance we've been showing over the past few months but still just about deserved the win.

If Motherwell play the way they did in their other games minus the mad five minutes then they should get enough points to stay up. Friday is a must-win for them though given Hamilton's shocking form under Canning.

If Motherwell play the way they did in their other games minus the mad five minutes then they should get enough points to stay up. Friday is a must-win for them though given Hamilton's shocking form under Canning.

Agree. At least we have some hope now.