Hats Off To The Mums - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Agree with the OP 100%.

I work from home, and we have 10 month old and 2.5 year old girls, which my wife chases around after 99% of he time while I work. Similarly, no close family that are around, so 24/7 she or we are what the kids.

On the odd occasion she goes out for an hour or 2, like she is this afternoon, chaos reigns. The place gets turned upside down, despite my best intentions of keeping everything organised so she doesn't batter me on her return.

As Scotty mentioned, hey truly are the glue.

Couldn't agree more. I've been in the RAF 23 years now so you'd think I'd be an ironing freak. 10 minute job to iron the next day's uniform each night and the iron doesn't go near anything else. Drives my missus loopy :lol:

Same. My missus is a PE teacher, so not one thing of hers gets ironed.

I iron a work shirt Monday to Thursday mornings (dress down Friday's), and that's it. Everything else is a case by case basis. In the Winter months I will have a t shirt on under a jumper, so no ironing there. If it's summer and the t is particularly wrinkly, then fine I'll get the iron out.

My Mum irons my old mans pants FFS! Don't get it.

J

Turning point is when nippers can get up In morning and turn tv on

Then get breakfast

Was a defining moment for me anyway

I long for that day, thing is my eldest is sporty, so it's footie at 09:00 on Saturdays then rugby at 10:00 on Sunday's. I can see the wee one going the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the time and the focus on sport, but dearly miss weekend lie ins.

J

Slightly aside but...What's this thing people have with 'the ironing'? Why is it treated like an essential component of housework? In my house the iron rarely comes out of the cupboard. We don't iron stuff. Life seems to continue untroubled.

I'm all over this - ironing is so overrated. I have someone do my work shirts, but screw the rest.

Long lies are long gone. Hoped for one today but wee man was up at 6.45.

Wouldn't have it any other way though.

He's currently sleeping in my arms whilst the missus is away at work.

(His Aunty is coming over at 1 so I can go to the celtic game)

Have to agree mate. Was out from 3pm yesterday. Took it semi-easy but still had a fair few beers. Wee yin had me up at 6am. Instant hangover cure i must say

Have none of you ever stayed in a flat by yourself ?

What's actually hard about running a hoover over the carpet and making a dinner ?

Yer giving wummin far too much credit boys

Aye,my mum and sister cleaned it for me and did my ironing :lol: