Gibraltar Attendance - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gibraltar Attendance

StranraerScotty

See, me in a glass half full, I'm wanting to see the most goals scored by Scotland in a single game record get broken.

Out of interest, anyone know what that is?

J

Our record win is 11-0 v Ireland in 1901

Did Colin Stein not score 4 against Cyprus back in the 60s? Would assume it was him.

The last time a Scotland player scored a hat-trick also. The year I was born! Shocking record.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i must say congratulations to the SFA. They have managed to ram a bit stick into the spokes of my enthusiasm with their illogical and downright nasty pricing structure.

Unless there are unforeseen circumstances i will still attend all the home games, but grudgingly. I have stopped buying any extra merchandise i.e tops, programmes etc.

There is no way they will see sense and reduce the price for the next campaign, more likely to offer extra tat in the supporters club renewal pack as a "Thank you to our loyal fans". :angry:

Well i must say congratulations to the SFA. They have managed to ram a bit stick into the spokes of my enthusiasm with their illogical and downright nasty pricing structure.

Unless there are unforeseen circumstances i will still attend all the home games, but grudgingly. I have stopped buying any extra merchandise i.e tops, programmes etc.

There is no way they will see sense and reduce the price for the next campaign, more likely to offer extra tat in the supporters club renewal pack as a "Thank you to our loyal fans". :angry:

this with a slight twist,I did not attend the england game and will not be at the Gib game,both my boycott games

The obvious game to boycott was the England game. £50/£60 a ticket on a Tuesday night, 4 days after we had already shelled out a small fortune for the Ireland game. Our group didnt touch that game and its shame thousands of others did. If that attendance had been low the the SFA would have had to take notice as it would have been headline news across the whole of the UK. As it is, folk went anyway and if there is a low attendance against Gibraltar and Northern Ireland nobody will give a monkeys. I agree the pricing is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of sync with fairness and value but I'll not miss a qualifier in a campaign where we have a genuine chance of qualifying. We had our chance to make a point and we knackered it. First game back at Hampden, 100% chance we will win and a very good chance we will see a cricket score of goals. I'll not miss that. Neither should you. Hoping for 45,000+, expecting somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000.

Out of interest... Why does it matter who we are playing it's Scotland we go to watch is it not ?

Ticket prices are shocking don't get me wrong, but after what we have went through in recent years the team is playing some great football & it is likely we will put a fair few past them. If you don't want to go see your team win comfortably what do you want to watch ?

Out of interest... Why does it matter who we are playing it's Scotland we go to watch is it not ?

Ticket prices are shocking don't get me wrong, but after what we have went through in recent years the team is playing some great football & it is likely we will put a fair few past them. If you don't want to go see your team win comfortably what do you want to watch ?

Supply and demand.

This game could have sold out at say £20-25 a ticket.

In reality it'll be less than half full.

The obvious game to boycott was the England game. £50/£60 a ticket on a Tuesday night, 4 days after we had already shelled out a small fortune for the Ireland game. Our group didnt touch that game and its shame thousands of others did. If that attendance had been low the the SFA would have had to take notice as it would have been headline news across the whole of the UK. As it is, folk went anyway and if there is a low attendance against Gibraltar and Northern Ireland nobody will give a monkeys. I agree the pricing is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of sync with fairness and value but I'll not miss a qualifier in a campaign where we have a genuine chance of qualifying. We had our chance to make a point and we knackered it. First game back at Hampden, 100% chance we will win and a very good chance we will see a cricket score of goals. I'll not miss that. Neither should you. Hoping for 45,000+, expecting somewhere between 30,000 and 35,000.

35k? Not a hope in hell.

Was gonna take the wee man to this but found out its 1700 kick off :(

By the time the match finishes, get through the traffic and get back to Manchester, it's daft o'clock and were both up early on the Monday for school and work.

Daft ko time for travelling fans.

Is it not easter holiday forbade kids?

Ticket prices are an utter disgrace an the SFA shid hang their gin-soaked heids in shame.

That said, wid've probably taken the bairn tae this (travellin fae London).. however the kick off times are an utter disgrace an UEFA shid hang their champagne-soaked heids in shame..

Agree on England game, the prices for that were beyond obscene and needed a smaller attendance to put a firmer message across.

Disagree that we knackered our chance of delivering our message completely though. 16,000 empty seats for our only Saturday home qualifier sent an embarrassing message to the SFA for a game that should've been a complete sell out and the prospect of less going to the next qualifier quite simply puts across the message that we ain't paying up to £45 for the touchline stands or up to £35 behind the goal to see the calibre of Georgia and Gibraltar.

In my opinion, the biggest opportunity to deliver the message was at the start of the campaign when the season tickets went on sale. It needed less than 3,000 to make a point but far too many people shat it and caved into temptation saying they just couldn't miss a game, which you can't fault them for but, at the same time, they missed the opportunity. 8,000+ season ticket sales may have been a reduction on two years ago but still not enough to make the SFA listen.