Online Abuse Of Jay Beatty - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Online Abuse Of Jay Beatty

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Beattie - the "fan" who posted that is a typical saddo seeking attention by posting vile comments. He'll get his comeuppance

Rochdale player - words fail me! Never ever did I expect to see anything like that on social media. Well, his career is over, his parents must be proud.

People really are stupid when it comes to Social Media. Do they honestly think that by posting what they want that people won't see their comments?

So not that different from Aberdeen and "rangers" singing about pedophiles then?

If you're going to be a whank and use a thread like this have a pop at Aberdeen, then we can actually discuss the paedophilia and cover-ups that really did go on at Celtic.

If you're going to be a whank and use a thread like this have a pop at Aberdeen, then we can actually discuss the paedophilia and cover-ups that really did go on at Celtic.

I'd say that was a disgrace and anyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. Not sure why you feel the need to name call though. I'm going to stick my fingers up and "horrify" you.

I'd say that was a disgrace and anyone involved should be ashamed of themselves. Not sure why you feel the need to name call though. I'm going to stick my fingers up and "horrify" you.

You brought it on yourself by having a dig on a non-club thread. That you feel the need to moan now is quite revealing about you and your attitude.

I don't often say this but Parky is in the right here.

You brought it on yourself by having a dig on a non-club thread. That you feel the need to moan now is quite revealing about you and your attitude.

I don't often say this but Parky is in the right here.

Awk I'm not having a moan Zombothy, tried to have a bit of banter but it went over your head , clearly.

Awk I'm not having a moan Zombothy, tried to have a bit of banter but it went over your head , clearly.

Zombothy? I wonder why I didn't spot you were having banter before?

And you moaned at Parky for name calling! ?

I'd imagine jail time beckons.

What would the charge be though? Seems like on of those things that are frowned upon rather than illegal

Bloody hell Peter, 140 posts in and I've yet to see you say anything, even close to, resembling sense. :-))

I could say the same about yourself chief

Disgusting stuff towards Jay. I hope the folk responsible get a royal kicking.

That said, I'm still unclear as to how this 'law' works. Can they be done for 'Breach of the peace' given the reaction it gets? There are comedians out there that get paid ridiculous sums of money and they regularly slag off disabled people and cancer victims and yet nowt happens.

That's not an excuse for this scumbag, I'm just genuinely interested as to why this only seems to apply to certain instances.

Disgusting stuff towards Jay. I hope the folk responsible get a royal kicking.

That said, I'm still unclear as to how this 'law' works. Can they be done for 'Breach of the peace' given the reaction it gets? There are comedians out there that get paid ridiculous sums of money and they regularly slag off disabled people and cancer victims and yet nowt happens.

That's not an excuse for this scumbag, I'm just genuinely interested as to why this only seems to apply to certain instances.

Seems to be one law for Joe Public and another for "celebrities".

Seems to be one law for Joe Public and another for "celebrities".

I'd say celebrities or comedians wont specifically make fun of a person. They'll maybe make fun of everyone who has Down's as a group, rather than a specific sufferer.

I'd guess that'd make a difference.

I'm not sure what the law on this looks like in Scotland but there's an argument that the crime would be related to harassment law (behaviour designed to cause nuisance, alarm or distress or words to that effect).

Again knowledge based on the law in England but he'd probably be looking at a suspended sentence at worst or more likely a community order.

Why do the tabloids have to give oxygen to these weirdos? They wouldn't print conversations off the street, so I don't see why every deranged or sick tweet has to be.

A conversation overheard would be impossible to prove. It's all to easy to find evidence of the online nonsense.

Not sure how the law round it works but I thought they were updating it to enable the police to cope.