Uk Ambassador For The Arctic - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Uk Ambassador For The Arctic

Can the electorate nominate them?...

No.

The 'ambassador' role would be based in the Polar Regions Department of the Overseas Territories Directorate of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

Looking in more detail...

Much of the report is to do with climate, science, security, industries, indigenous peoples...

UK has observer status with the Arctic Council - as does Spain, Germany, China, Singapore...

Turns out the 144 page report mentions 'Scotland' only once.... there is much more on Ukraine and Crimea...

It cracks me up. We (The UK) needs somone to prevent the rape of the Artic, while at the same time need a presence to ensure when the Artic eventually gets raped for oil, it's us doing the f***ing.

You couldn't make it up.

It makes me weep, we (the human race) has only one planet, yet we are hell bent on destroying it!

J

It's a bit hysterical to say we're destroying the planet, when we're only making it's habitat inhospitable for humans. this is a pretty benign phase in the grand scheme of things.

I do know what you meant though.

It's a bit hysterical to say we're destroying the planet, when we're only making it's habitat inhospitable for humans. this is a pretty benign phase in the grand scheme of things.

I do know what you meant though.

I'm not think in the next 50 years, I'm thinking in the next 500 years. Hydro carbons are gone, water resources are fought over and mankind will be thinking "we could have had investment in renewable energy back in the 2000s. We would be fine now.

Still we'll all be potted and everyone we know and will know will be dead so hey ho, why should we care?

J

I'm not think in the next 50 years, I'm thinking in the next 500 years. Hydro carbons are gone, water resources are fought over and mankind will be thinking "we could have had investment in renewable energy back in the 2000s. We would be fine now.

Still we'll all be potted and everyone we know and will know will be dead so hey ho, why should we care?

J

Don't be so selfish. Planet Earth could well be a better place once the human race has been wiped out.