Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 147 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought he was saying both...

"They could simply donate their money to

RF

or

some direct to the club."

edit: "Simply donate your money direct to the club". I mean, I agree, it takes some believing, but I honestly think that is what he was suggesting.

Edited by thplinth

I thought he was saying both...

"They could simply donate their money to

RF

or

some direct to the club."

edit: "Simply donate your money direct to the club". I mean, I agree, it takes some believing, but I honestly think that is what he was suggesting.

He was talking about giving the money to Rangers First instead which will be used to buy shares in the club/company and in turn expedite fan ownership (or at least partial fan ownership).

Its an interesting thought. But fairly brave to think he could nick some of ashleys cash of him. rather him than me.

It's not nicking money if you're owed it in the first place. You don't pay money to someone who you think owes you money - you set it off. It shifts the onus of the legal dispute, ie Ashley has to chase rangers to get his money, as opposed to rangers chasing Ashley.

It's risky in terms of being liable for legal costs but gives leverage.

Are there any Spanish speakers on here who know what they are actually talking about? I am intrigued.

I'm not sure but there are loads of different versions of it floating about online claiming to be talking about various different things.

A quick Youtube search and I think this might be the original, the comments seem to suggest it's something about working in a restaurant.

RANGERS kingmakers River and Mercantile were today tipped to vote AGAINST the Ibrox board in the eagerly-anticipated EGM on Friday week.

The institutional investors are the sixth largest shareholder in the Glasgow giants and currently hold a stake of 5.77 per cent.

And they have the ability to keep the current regime in power - or install Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan as directors on March 6.

The Rangers board has commissioned Boudicca Proxy Consultants, a company that lobbies shareholders ahead of company meetings, to drum up support for them.

However, River and Mercantile sold a small portion of shares to King when he became the major shareholder in his boyhood heroes last month.

City sources believe that is an indication they will back his resolutions to remove chairman David Somers, chief executive Derek Llambias and directors James Easdale and Barry Leach.

And leading equity analyst Nicla di Palma of Brewin Dolphin today agreed it is "entirely possible" the transaction signalled how they will vote in the general meeting.

She said: "If there was a transaction between River and Mercantile and Dave King then clearly there is a relationship between them.

"Obviously shareholders are free to vote as they deem appropriate at an EGM. There is no obligation on them to vote one way or the other. But if River and Mercantile feel Dave King is the best person there they will vote in favour of him.

"It is entirely possible that selling him shares is their way of telling the market how they will vote."

King and the Three Bears consortium that comprises George Letham, Douglas Park and George Taylor - who will back the resolutions to remove the board - jointly own 34.06 per cent of Rangers.

The backing of River and Mercantile would take King a huge step closer to achieving the 51 per cent he needs to seize control at the general meeting.

River and Mercantile refused to confirm if they would back the resolutions put forward by King.

But Global Head of Distribution James Barham confirmed the company would be voting at the general meeting.

He said: "We are not aligned to any particular group of shareholders.

"We don't comment on how we are going to vote, but we will be voting. We do feel that the current share price materially undervalues the company."

The Rangers Supporters Trust, which operates the BuyRangers fan ownership scheme, announced on Friday they have so far secured 3.25% of the vote.

The RST own 1.57% of the club and have been given proxies for over 1.68% of the total shareholding.

And Rangers First yesterday confirmed they had increased their shareholding in the SPFL Championship club to 2% - and have proxies for another 0.5%.

Former boss Ally McCoist, who has a 1.34% stake and Kieran Prior, who owns 1.35%, are both expected to back the resolutions.

RST purchase another 450000 shares from existing shareholder in non committed camp. With proxys votes they now have 4% voting rights. RF and RST voting power now over 7%.

This has to be good news. The more power the fans wield the more whoever is in charge will need to listen to them.

Decent article from Richard Wilson. He has the good guys at 50.18 % I can only see this increasing. This was before the recent purchase by the RST.

How do the votes stack up?

"Votes are currently being cast by post or by proxy, but informed estimations can be made.

King is adamant that he will win, and has the backing of his own 14.5%, the 19.49% held by Park, Letham and Taylor, River & Mercantile's 5.7%, Rangers First's 2.5%, Rangers Supporters Trust's 3.25%, Kieron Prior's 1.35%, Ally McCoist's 1.34%, Felix Magath's 0.99%, Graeme Henderson's 0.72%, Malcolm Murray's 0.25% and Walter Smith's 0.09%.

That gives King a starting point of 50.18%.

The board can count on MASH's 8.92%, Sandy Easdale's 6.45%, Blue Pitch Holding's 4.91%, Margarita Funds Holding's 3.19%, James Easdale's 0.7%, David Somers' 0.08%, and the remainder of Sandy Easdale's proxy, 11.57%."

That gives the board a starting point of 35.74%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31524925