Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Good summary Bruce.

I am getting over digesting these announcements. The ultimate goal for Rangers fans has to be to buy shares in the company that operates the football club - which is apparently Rangers International Football Club Limited. More fool me, but I invested a grand when it was first floated. I regret not selling them at 90p and reinvesting.

There will be 25,000 Rangers fans at Hampden for the League Cup semi final v Celtic. If every one of those fans donated (at least) two pounds, that could buy about 200,000 shares, which is about 1% of the company.

This is such a ludicrous post that it doesn't merit a response, but, in any event, all football clubs in Scotland enter into such deals as companies, NOT football clubs. So I don't know what you are getting at. Either way, there are far bigger issues affecting Rangers right now than this nonsense. If anything, it reveals complete ignorance about the corporate structure of all football clubs in Scotland.

'Club' in this context is just a shorthand way of referring to a company that runs a football business. Your 'club' was liquidated.

That's all.

Edited by neilser

I am getting over digesting these announcements. The ultimate goal for Rangers fans has to be to buy shares in the company that operates the football club - which is apparently Rangers International Football Club Limited. More fool me, but I invested a grand when it was first floated. I regret not selling them at 90p and reinvesting.

There will be 25,000 Rangers fans at Hampden for the League Cup semi final v Celtic. If every one of those fans donated (at least) two pounds, that could buy about 200,000 shares, which is about 1% of the company.

agreed, at the moment that seems the best way to go to get your club back.

Seems pretty decent of Ashley thus far, but the RST are still away bitching to AIM.

I know they're in a huff Dave King & his £30m warchest is never going to happen, but is there such a thing as at least giving Ashley a chance?

I never understood the Rangers fans hard on for Dave King. Ashley runs Newcastle well financially and the team seems to benefit. He doesn't do interviews though and that's what the gullible buffoons lap up as they think stuff printed in papers has to be true!

I never understood the Rangers fans hard on for Dave King. Ashley runs Newcastle well financially and the team seems to benefit. He doesn't do interviews though and that's what the gullible buffoons lap up as they think stuff printed in papers has to be true!

Pretty simply, really.

All the bears care about is being better than Celtic. They don't care how it's done or where the money comes from. As long as someone tells them what they want to hear, they'll drop their knickers. King was that someone (well the most recent one anyway):

‘My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m — over the next four years,’

‘But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

‘Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.’

"The club has to have funders who will invest to ensure we can compete with Celtic when we get back to the top. Unfortunately, existing shareholders either don't have the money or the willingness to support Ally.

"With the right shareholder profile we should be investing in the squad, not reducing it. We should be supporting Ally 100%."

Pretty simply, really.

All the bears care about is being better than Celtic. They don't care how it's done or where the money comes from. As long as someone tells them what they want to hear, they'll drop their knickers. King was that someone (well the most recent one anyway):

My view of what it will take to make Rangers competitive again is bottom end £30m but probably £50m over the next four years,

But I would say I would probably have to put in £30m of the £50m over the period of time. And I could probably get other people to put in £20m.

Would I be willing to invest £30m despite what happened previously? Of course. Sure.

"The club has to have funders who will invest to ensure we can compete with Celtic when we get back to the top. Unfortunately, existing shareholders either don't have the money or the willingness to support Ally.

"With the right shareholder profile we should be investing in the squad, not reducing it. We should be supporting Ally 100%."

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. We're not all the same. I couldn't give a toss how we compare to Celtic as we aren't anywhere near well run enough. It'll be years yet before our house can be put in order. Once that's done we can look at competing.

even more investment required before the end of the year to keep trading

fookin hell

£16m was offered by King and his associates. This was rejected by the board in favour of a £2m loan from Ashley and now its up to £3m. Its a massive game of bluff. The existing board seem to be laying the blame directly at those fans who are staying away. The threat of jobs cuts off the pitch strikes a raw nerve to many as most of these will be long serving relatively low paid staff. Again this is a threat to alienate boycotting fans. All could be resolved if either Ashley or his representatives could explain what their intentions are.

So should the SFA/SPFL not be requiring evidence of a business plan that will ensure Rangers can complete the season? I thought they were going to be big on this stuff going forwards.

If they are relying on last minute bailouts less than half way through does this not constitiute the business trading insolvently?

So should the SFA/SPFL not be requiring evidence of a business plan that will ensure Rangers can complete the season? I thought they were going to be big on this stuff going forwards.

If they are relying on last minute bailouts less than half way through does this not constitiute the business trading insolvently?

It should go wider than the SFA/SPL as this is a listed company, hopefully this fiasco will see the Ronnie and Reggie barred as directors.

It should go wider than the SFA/SPL as this is a listed company, hopefully this fiasco will see the Ronnie and Reggie barred as directors.

so do you agree with the complaint by the supporters to the AIM? The whole thing is a nightmare for you/ the supporters, do you try and support financial help/stability for the club or do you drive to get rid of these people and accept the consequences?

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there. We're not all the same. I couldn't give a toss how we compare to Celtic as we aren't anywhere near well run enough. It'll be years yet before our house can be put in order. Once that's done we can look at competing.

Admire your thinking, but you're going to be in the minority.

If it's clear after a few games next season you guys aren't anywhere near competing & Celtic fans are lording it up, how do you think that's going to go down (honestly)? Not a prayer the majority of bears are going to be so understanding.

The idea of being well run / living within means will never catch on as it's unlikely to get you very far very quickly.

so do you agree with the complaint by the supporters to the AIM? The whole thing is a nightmare for you/ the supporters, do you try and support financial help/stability for the club or do you drive to get rid of these people and accept the consequences?

What I wouldn't is another "sugar daddy with a war chest" scenario though that's what too many in the support think we "deserve". The current board is incompetent so needs to go(and go as soon as possible),the financial structure of the club remains shambolic with apparently no reserves at all I'd suggest that another share issue would be pointless. The club is effectively broke, leaderless and the mercy of anyone either daft enough (I think Aberdeen have cornered that market) or cynical enough (Mike Ashley) to invest. It's looking more and more like Ashley who whilst not ideal seems hard enough to get shot off the Kray twins and disentangle Green from the club. Not a very coherent answer I'm afraid but the situation is such a shambles it's beyond rational analysis.

, especially when trying to type on a I pad

£16m was offered by King and his associates. This was rejected by the board in favour of a £2m loan from Ashley and now its up to £3m. Its a massive game of bluff. The existing board seem to be laying the blame directly at those fans who are staying away. The threat of jobs cuts off the pitch strikes a raw nerve to many as most of these will be long serving relatively low paid staff. Again this is a threat to alienate boycotting fans. All could be resolved if either Ashley or his representatives could explain what their intentions are.

was it not rumoured that ashley was in cahoots with green or white?the reason behind the board accepting his offer could be an attempt to hide who is behind the hedge funds

What I wouldn't is another "sugar daddy with a war chest" scenario though that's what too many in the support think we "deserve". The current board is incompetent so needs to go(and go as soon as possible),the financial structure of the club remains shambolic with apparently no reserves at all I'd suggest that another share issue would be pointless. The club is effectively broke, leaderless and the mercy of anyone either daft enough (I think Aberdeen have cornered that market) or cynical enough (Mike Ashley) to invest. It's looking more and more like Ashley who whilst not ideal seems hard enough to get shot off the Kray twins and disentangle Green from the club. Not a very coherent answer I'm afraid but the situation is such a shambles it's beyond rational analysis.

, especially when trying to type on a I pad

perfectly understandable answer to me.