Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 158 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

They have been doing it for a long time. They will have RFC 2012 stitched up good and proper. The fact the current board were unable to alter the situation says a lot.

The stark choice will be cut the player wages or face insolvency over and over again. So then as you suggest possibly liquidation again as there is no way out...

I see our Phil has stated that close to 300k leaves Ibrox as rental every month to an offshore company. He has also stated that if he is not correct then he will gladly apologise and retract the statement. So far no one from Ibrox has asked him to do so.

So that still begs the question, who owns the deeds?

I see our Phil has stated that close to 300k leaves Ibrox as rental every month to an offshore company. He has also stated that if he is not correct then he will gladly apologise and retract the statement. So far no one from Ibrox has asked him to do so.

So that still begs the question, who owns the deeds?

Is Phil allowed to be a Director in South Africa?

There may be one problem to that. Apparently a lot of the contracts may be tied into the holding company and therefore only able to be got rid of by another liquidation. If thats the case, clever boy our Charlie.

Silly question, but if that is true, can the holding company not just sell the SPFL share to another company (like in a takeover scenario) and drop the holding company like a hot stone?

Bruce you need to remember this is a place for opinions. A lot of what is posted is what people think rather than know because not many of us know all the facts. Just because those opinions do not match yours does not make them unreasonable. And it does not necessarily make the posts "irrational" or "sensational nonsense".

I know it's a place for opinions but stuff like "king was in charge of the old company when it went into admin" is just plain wrong. Anyone who has been following the rangers story as closely as you would know that.

I know it's a place for opinions but stuff like "king was in charge of the old company when it went into admin" is just plain wrong. Anyone who has been following the rangers story as closely as you would know that.

King was a director of the old company and so, in a normal World, is not allowed to be on this new board. You nitpicking about whether a director is in charge or just one of the men in charge doesn't change that fact.

He was one of The people in charge. He was a director. I have already addressed this.

Edited by ShedTA

Silly question, but if that is true, can the holding company not just sell the SPFL share to another company (like in a takeover scenario) and drop the holding company like a hot stone?

Probably but I would expect any onerous contracts might stipulate that they follow the SPFL share if it moves company.

All speculation before anyone asks - we cannot see the contracts

I was told by a bloke that dealt with Green through previous business that Green was basically Cashley's agent and Cashley would appear around a year down the line to 'sweep up'.

Odd that this appears to have become true.

Educated guess or the truth I wonder?

Big Mike is not a silly man, that's been proven time and again so it'll be interesting to see what plays out.

King was a director of the old company and so, in a normal World, is not allowed to be on this new board. You nitpicking about whether a director is in charge or just one of the men in charge doesn't change that fact.

Nitpicking?! Every man and his dog knows that whyte was running rangers with very little regard, if any, for his fellow directors. Just because he was a director doesn't mean he was actually in charge. In rangers' case he certainly wasn't. Craig whyte owned 85% of rangers' shares.... Hard to fathom how this is even up for debate.

What's this normal world you talk about? I certainly see no facts in what you're saying.

There may be one problem to that. Apparently a lot of the contracts may be tied into the holding company and therefore only able to be got rid of by another liquidation. If thats the case, clever boy our Charlie.

What contracts? The holding company is the one on the AIM is it not? Why would the contracts being with the holding company only be able to be terminated by liquidation?

Nitpicking?! Every man and his dog knows that whyte was running rangers with very little regard, if any, for his fellow directors. Just because he was a director doesn't mean he was actually in charge. In rangers' case he certainly wasn't. Craig whyte owned 85% of rangers' shares.... Hard to fathom how this is even up for debate.

What's this normal world you talk about? I certainly see no facts in what you're saying.

The Institute of Directors live and work in the 'normal world".

http://www.iod.com/Guidance/Briefings/CGBIS-directors-duties-and-responsibilities

Could you be more specific? On a quick skim of that I can't see anything that we don't already know...

You asked "What's this normal world you talk about?"

I supplied a resource.

I can't be more specific because I didn't raise an issue.