Celtic Vs Inter Milan Score Predictions - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Inter Milan Score Predictions

As stated above,why do you feel it's acceptable to refer to aberdeen fans as sheep/sheepshaggers?

I think the term sheep/sheepshagger is clearly a joke and meant as such. No one actually thinks you have sex with farm animals.

Fenian is a term which has been bastardised to become a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the term sheep/sheepshagger is clearly a joke and meant as such. No one actually thinks you have sex with farm animals.

Fenian is a term which has been bastardised to become a derogatory term for an Irish Catholic.

I think the problem here is that some Aberdeen fans are offended while others see it as a joke. But, if some are offended then we shouldn't use it.

I think the problem here is that some Aberdeen fans are offended while others see it as a joke. But, if some are offended then we shouldn't use it.

The only people who're offended are MOPEs who want to be offended. Much the same as the way some Rangers fans decided to be offended by being called hu.uns.

This. I've said before that I'm not offended by it,but nor am I when someone calls me a fenian.

Again,apologies if any offence caused. I decided a hardline to make my point was necessary.

Hopefully this is the last post I have to make on the subject.

The word h..un has no other meaning than a Rangers fan, it certainly doesn't relate to any abnormal sexual activity the way sheepshagger does.

No one shags sheep. No one actually thinks that folk from Aberdeen shag sheep. No one is actually offended at being called a sheepshagger.

NO--ONE.

An awful lot of childish dross on here as expected. As Scotland fans we should be excited to see a few of our younger players play at this level and do reasonably well. Makes playing international football a little easier when they have played in games like last night.

In relation to Delia, at least he is giving Scottish kids a chance and not taking the easy option like past OF managers.

Yet he resorted to using an offensive term in retaliation to prove a point. What was that point if it wasn't that being called a sheep/sheepshagger is offensive?

He seems to be on some bizarre crusade to try and equate "sheepshagger" with "fenian", when they are in no way comparable.

No one is offended by sheepshagger. If it was actually a serious accusation of bestiality, then that'd be a different story. It's not though. So let's forget this pish and have a grown up debate.

He seems to be on some bizarre crusade to try and equate "sheepshagger" with "fenian", when they are in no way comparable.

No one is offended by sheepshagger. If it was actually a serious accusation of bestiality, then that'd be a different story. It's not though. So let's forget this pish and have a grown up debate.

It's not a crusade to be offended.

I'm trying to make a point that derogatory terms are either acceptable or not.

Some seem that some are and some aren't.

That's hypocritical imo.