Celtic Vs Inter Milan Score Predictions - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Inter Milan Score Predictions

Saluting your supporters at the end of the game isn't acting like a walloper. It's showing a bit of gratitude to people who have spent good money and taken time from their personal life to be there.

It's actually the done thing in a lot of countries in Europe. Only in Scotland would it be seen as an issue.

Saluting supporters is common. Derek McInnes does it after every away match.

There's a difference between that and giving it big licks and fist pumps for 5 minutes like Delia does.

I wouldn't expect a Celtic manager to understand how to act with class and/or dignity though.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between that and giving it big licks and fist pumps for 5 minutes like Delia does.

I wouldn't expect a Celtic manager to understand how to act with class and/or dignity though.

His own supporters seem to enjoy it so I don't see the problem.

You would maybe have a point if he was doing it to opposing fans but he isn't.

His own supporters seem to enjoy it so I don't see the problem.

quote]

I didn't say there was a "problem".

I just said it make him look like an idiot.

If celebrating winning a football match makes you look like an idiot then everyone on this board has been an idiot at some point in their lives.

Edited by ek_celt

The only people greeting on this thread are you and Parky. And you're greeting about something that doesn't affect you.

I think they're laughing at him more than greeting about him.

Personally it doesn't irritate me and he can crack on as much as he wants.

It only makes the fall (if and when) more spectacular and satisfying given some of his comments.....

Parkie, his conduct during the tapping up of GMS and Armstrong was far from dignified so it all goes with the make up of the man I guess. club and man well suited.

Of course, Delilha is entitled to do whatever he wants, and we all know that there's nobody like a Sellik fan to accept any kind of embarrassing, turgid shite as long as it's 'Sellik minded'.

To the rest of us, he just looks like this...

Edited by Rossy

His "conduct"?

You mean when he answered a question about them after it was public knowledge that Celtic were interested?

when he stated publicly that they were trying to get Armstrong on board before the window closed - rather than conducting business descretly between the clubs. conduct that he actually apologised to McNamara for. So that would suggest that he didnt feel it was ideal.

when he stated publicly that they were trying to get Armstrong on board before the window closed - rather than conducting business descretly between the clubs. conduct that he actually apologised to McNamara for. So that would suggest that he didnt feel it was ideal.

It was already public knowledge so was he to lie and say that he didn't want to sign him?

It was already public knowledge so was he to lie and say that he didn't want to sign him?

he didnt have to answer it, its called being discreet - the player was still under contract. Its the normal way to do things as he later acknowledged.

Is this you vehemently defending him just because he is your manager?

He was asked about his interest. Hope you're clear on that.

Not really. He could and should have said he had no comment to make as he wasn't aware that any deal had been completed.

The way he doesn't lie and protects his integrity.

Surely that wouldn't have been too hard?

he didnt have to answer it, its called being discreet - the player was still under contract. Its the normal way to do things as he later acknowledged.

Is this you vehemently defending him just because he is your manager?

I'm not defending anything. I'm just thinking that you are a bit of a drama queen.

he's built a greater bond with the fans by doing it

they're off his back despite still entertaining a title challenge from Aberdeen

Look, fellow Bino and all that - but see that apostrophe in your board name? It get's on my threepenny bits.