Polar Vortex - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I had a look at Environment Canada website, and you guys have got some serious windchill coming up soon! Edmonton has had a few of these already this winter.

Have last year's Polar Vortex (early January 2014) to thank for an extended Xmas/New Year trip then - was due to fly back via London-Chicago-Edmonton, but due to numerous flight cancellations in USA/Canada had to stay in Chicago for an extra couple of days rather than return to work as planned. I was really upset about that... :cheers3:

Nipping further up the lake to Milwaukee for the weekend with the wife. But as you say Scotty, the temperatures are going to be brutal. Never mind though as they do say Milwaukee has a street of continuous bars on it to rival anywhere in the world. :cheers3:

:-)) Keep warm Scott.

Nipping further up the lake to Milwaukee for the weekend with the wife. But as you say Scotty, the temperatures are going to be brutal. Never mind though as they do say Milwaukee has a street of continuous bars on it to rival anywhere in the world. :cheers3:

-34 degrees Celsius tonight with the wind chill.

-34 degrees Celsius tonight with the wind chill.

Aye, on Saturday in Milwaukee I remember crossing the road from one pub to the next and my face stinging like I've never felt before. It must have been less than a minute exposed. It was bloody sore. There was that wind blowing right in from the lake right enough also.