Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Dow And Dundee Utds Conveyor Belt Of Young Talent

Robroysboy

Lets give youth a chance by all means but its stretching it a bit to include Armstrong, GMS and Jack as youth players. Mackay-Steven is 24, Jack is 23 at the end of this month and Armstrong is 23 next month.

They might be decent players but youth players they are not - they are all in a similar age bracket as Grant Hanley. And he is not regarded as a youth player.

Yes but two of them now play for Celtic so they must be included!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, some teams do it well. A lot of the biggest teams in Europe spend big money on youth players. No system is perfect.

Celtic have the perfect chance to do it now where there is little challenge and they'll win the league by 10-15 points easy. Henderson barely gets a run out under Deila

I realise that United are the flavour of the month just now, but all the players mentioned suffer from lack of consistency....something reflected in United;s results and performances over the last couple of years....and all are a long way away from international recognition unless they can discover said consistency.

I suspect that Armstrong, now he's at Celtic, will have the best chance in the next 18 months.

And I wonder if anyone actually knows how Gauld's performing in Portugal ?

We all know Celtic are going to win the league by 10 points minimum as per....

It's February and they still haven't managed to get ahead of the glorious Aberdeen FC who started their season all the way back in July after a 2 week break from the 2013-14 season....

I realise that United are the flavour of the month just now, but all the players mentioned suffer from lack of consistency....something reflected in United;s results and performances over the last couple of years....and all are a long way away from international recognition unless they can discover said consistency.

I suspect that Armstrong, now he's at Celtic, will have the best chance in the next 18 months.

And I wonder if anyone actually knows how Gauld's performing in Portugal ?

I thought Aberdeen were flavour of the months since most threads seem to involve them or revert to them ?

Re Gauld, if you read any non-red thread you might be able to answer your own question. :D

Not much to do with Scotland I know, but I enjoyed watching the Utd conveyor belt of talent this afternoon.....

.... as they lost to the mighty Falkirk in the U20 league. :ok:

I see one of our players - Mark Finlayson - is in the U17 squad for the friendly against Romania.

Who stood out in the game? Coote? And what's this lad Harry Souttar like?