Cricket World Cup - Page 10 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cricket World Cup

Slide tackle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good result for Pakistan but the Saffers gifted it to them on a plate - going for a ridiculously high run rate to end the match early when just under 5 an over would have seen them through quite comfortably - their shot selection was very poor at times as some of them were attempting to slog most deliveries - whatever happened to staying out in the middle, building a total and not giving your wicket away cheaply.

South Africa could go for it to try and improve their run rate in the knowledge that if it went wrong they only have to beat UAE to go through.

indeed ... I wonder what the odds are on our next two opponents posting 400+ if they both bat first

Given that both games are in Hobart, where Ireland and Zimbabwe both made around 330, I think the odds of 400 will be pretty short.

They think it's all over ....

TT

I don't think England can get any lower than this in terms of cricketing disasters. Qualification was laid on a plate with three sides who they should have beaten comfortably. This really is a disaster for them.

Edited by EddardStark

Aye England go home but will return the next time round where as Scotland will probably never return as they are to cut the amount of teams that qualify.Ah well at least our boys enjoyed the experience.

one member of the Scotland squad sent home for racial tweet.

Majid Haq (one of the under performing bowlers) not selected for the Sri Lanka game, alledely tweeted (taken from the BBC) "Always tougher when you're in the minority! #colour #race" - disappointing response to being dropped if true especially as he has represented the country over 200 times.

• 2 weeks later...