Ukraine - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As I expected, I suspect the Russians will use the "Mafia hit" story in a revenge attack after this Guy came out about corruption at the Sochi winter Olympic games.....

I heard it was a disgruntled lone assassin with 3 names.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few holes to pick..... Firstly, as I pointed out earlier, Crimea was not "gifted".... That's just the "romantic" version of the truth to please the Ukrainians in the 40's and 50's after the famines and regions they took from Poland and Czechoslovakia (during this time Ukrainian nationalism was allowed to flourish somewhat).

As it is a land locked to Ukraine, it made more logistical sense for Ukraine to have it for providing electricity, food and water....

What about the local Tartar Population who the Russians have been removing since the Stalin days? What was left were happy to be Ukrainian as the Ukrainians let them have their own parliment and use their language and culture.....Day after "referendum" all the Tartar leaders were arrested by the Russians.

A romantic version of the truth.

Well I suppose you conceding that it is the truth is progress.

Crimea is Russian. It is not ever going back to the west of Ukraine.

So why then do you prattle on about Ukraine being landlocked. So is the Czech Republic, should Germany be forced to gift them a passage to the North Sea.

You honestly think some mad soviet dictator should be allowed to 'transfer' part of Russia to Ukraine without a referendum and that is legitimate but when Crimea actually has a referendum the result is not.

And then the Tartar population... who Stalin, a Georgian, deported in large numbers for supposed collaboration with the nazis... What has this to do with today.

They had a referendum in 1991 where 54% of those eligible to vote voted in favour of becoming part of Ukraine.... Rather than last years sham vote which the Ukrainains and Tartars ignored thinking nothing happened.

Edited by wanderer

They had a referendum in 1991 where 54% of those eligible to vote voted in favour of becoming part of Ukraine.... Rather than last years sham vote which the Ukrainains and Tartars ignored thinking nothing happened.

So what?! This is obviously a part of Russia and not Ukraine. It is just part of Russia that was artificially separated during the soviet regime rejoining at the first chance.

A romantic version of the truth.

Well I suppose you conceding that it is the truth is progress.

Eh? You said Crimea only became Ukrainian because Krushchev had been on the sauce..... That's the RT TV accounts of it..... Truth is, why should Russia look after a bit of land that costs more money that it's worth to look after when the Ukrainian SSR could be responsible for it.... Since Russian have to transport all its needs trough Ukraine anyway......

It's just simply Russia switched it across just for ease....1950's nobody thought the Soviet Union was going to end.....

1991 they had a proper refarendum and voted in favour of remaining part of Ukraine.

So what?! This is obviously a part of Russia and not Ukraine. It is just part of Russia that was artificially separated during the soviet regime rejoining at the first chance.

Well, 2nd time of asking if they rejected it first time around....

Eh? You said Crimea only became Ukrainian because Krushchev had been on the sauce..... That's the RT TV accounts of it..... Truth is, why should Russia look after a bit of land that costs more money that it's worth to look after when the Ukrainian SSR could be responsible for it.... Since Russian have to transport all its needs trough Ukraine anyway......

It's just simply Russia switched it across just for ease....1950's nobody thought the Soviet Union was going to end.....

1991 they had a proper refarendum and voted in favour of remaining part of Ukraine.

I honestly don't know how you can be bothered wanderer, hat doffed.

Stop talking p*sh Clark.

My wife's family are resident Crimean Tatars.........they did NOT ignore the Referendum and ALL of them voted to become Russian, as did all of the other Tatars they know.

Stop talking p*sh Clark.

My wife's family are resident Crimean Tatars.........they did NOT ignore the Referendum and ALL of them voted to become Russian, as did all of the other Tatars they know.

So why is Mustafa Dzhemilev banned from returning to Crimea after going to Kyiv for help and since then the Russians have disbanded the Mejlis (leader of Crimean Tartars) and threated to outlaw it?

F*ck knows.....you tell me.

I'm only going on what relatives there are telling me. What source are you listening to this week?

Just my Ukrainian mother-in-law and Russian father-in-law telling us the stories the people fleeing Donbas and Crimea who have resettled in Ternopil are telling them......

As much as you want to think it's BBC, it's not.... ukrainian tv, we do not bother with Chanel 5 as it's just wall to wall doom and gloom.... And as for Russian tv, we switched it on one night, Joseph Kobzon (ukrainian born soviet Frank Sinatra) was on spreading his lies (Latvia have banned him also from entering their country) and Mrs almost chucked the TV remote at the screen.

Edited by wanderer

http://www.aif.ru/incidents/1462780

Moscow, March 9-Amf-Moscow.
Famous Finnish journalist and political activist Antero Èerola was attacked in the East of Ukraine, RIA Novosti reports.
Notes that the journalist witnessed the Ukrainian artillery shelled positions of the militia under the Svetlodarskom, thereby violating the ceasefire. Èerola informed about the press, then he was beaten up by unknown. The journalist said the attackers exchanged words in the Ukrainian language.

Èerola was hospitalized after the attack. Ukrainian police flatly refused to investigate the crime. All Finnish journalist had to spend ten days in Ukraine.

In turn, the British journalist Graham Phillips was detained by border guards Uk and questioned about their work in the South-East of Ukraine. In May last year, Graham Phillips was detained at a roadblock in Mariupol. After the detention of the journalist took to Kiev UKRAINE and handed over to the British Consul.

Earlier, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine terminated the accreditation of Russian mass media on its activities. The Russian FOREIGN MINISTRY called the decision absurd.

Goebbels Incorporated. As in the West are making news about Ukraine

I have a lot of friends in America and Europe, where I often go to work. Very good people. They watch the news about what is happening in Ukraine, and often discussed it with me

Counterpunch running with an interesting article about what is really going on with the Breedlove stories and the announcement of a new EU army. I think it might be bang on the money.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/03/10/nato-lies-and-provocations/

Putin advisor, Sergei Glazyev, figured out what Washington was up to long before Kiev launched its wretched “anti terrorism” campaign against federalist rebels in the East. Here’s how he summed it up:

“The main task the American puppet masters have set for the (Kiev) junta is to draw Russia into a full-scale war with Ukraine. It is for this purpose that all of these heinous crimes are committed – to force Russia to send troops to Ukraine to protect the civilian population…

The bankruptcy of the US financial system, which is unable to service its foreign debt, the lack of investments to finance a breakthrough to a new technological order and to maintain America’s competitiveness, and the potential defeat in the geopolitical competition with China. To resolve these problems, Americans need a new world war.” (Sergei Glazyev)

• 1 month later...

The Kiev neo-nazi's just murdered this guy.... part of a series of recent assassinations that seem to be hugely under-reported in the west for some reason. Too busy worry about that shot Russian MP I expect.

You have to activate the sub-titles but it is fascinating having sampled the first 20 mins. Hard to follow at times given the knowledge he has...

http://russia-insider.com/en/listen-very-interesting-short-history-ukraine-assasinated-oles-buzina/5751

Edited by thplinth

• 6 years later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, thplinth said:

Exact same thread 7 years ago almost to the day.

People are really gullible on here now in comparison. 

Invade Finland... ohhh ma sides.

How long until we get bored of it again?

8 hours ago, Lamia said:

How long until we get bored of it again?

Probably quite quickly now I suspect. I don't think there is anything they can do to stop it. The speech by the Zelensky idiot where he talks about asking 27? leaders to come help and all of them blanked him was very funny. How naïve is that guy. Ukraine has served its purpose and now I think they are fast reaching their moment where they will realize just how badly they were being used and how little the US really cares about them. Much like when the Kurds realized no one gave a shit about them either and they were just being used. If however things escalate somehow... I guess we are about to find out just how insane our 'leaders' are.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Probably quite quickly now I suspect. I don't think there is anything they can do to stop it. The speech by the Zelensky idiot where he talks about asking 27? leaders to come help and all of them blanked him was very funny. How naïve is that guy. Ukraine has served its purpose and now I think they are fast reaching their moment where they will realize just how badly they were being used and how little the US really cares about them. Much like when the Kurds realized no one gave a shit about them either and they were just being used. If however things escalate somehow... I guess we are about to find out just how insane our 'leaders' are.

Yeah there is also that possibility that we won't get bored and all be obliterated instead.