Celtic In The Canarie - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic In The Canarie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say celtic got nothing off the ref is ridiculous. County should've had a penalty when izaguirre fouled the county played at the back post.

Having said that, Celtic were worthy winners and had enough chances to win more comfortably.

To say celtic got nothing off the ref is ridiculous. County should've had a penalty when izaguirre fouled the county played at the back post.

Having said that, Celtic were worthy winners and had enough chances to win more comfortably.

I'd say that was in the "seen them given" category rather than a certain penalty. The attacker just seemed to run into Izzy and fall down but, as I said, I've seen them given. I also seem to remember us having 2 claims too, the one with the goalie being the strongest of the 2.

It wasn't a dirty game by any measure and for Scotty to infer we fouled them off the pitch just leads me to believe he didn't watch the game. Any time a county player fell over the ref gave the foul.

You are in Europe because of a type-o, and you dominate Scottish football because of money (despite Ronnie, Ronnie).

The old you have more money excuse is boring. look at Atletico Madrid last year. They are up against the two biggest clubs in the world and won the league. Aberdeen are doing well this year but you can't always blame your own failures on a few clubs having more money. Money isn't everything, look at Man Utd this year. It helps, of course, but the fact no one has challenged celtic, and up until recently Rangers, in the last 20 on years is because of your own ineptitude.

The old you have more money excuse is boring. look at Atletico Madrid last year. They are up against the two biggest clubs in the world and won the league. Aberdeen are doing well this year but you can't always blame your own failures on a few clubs having more money. Money isn't everything, look at Man Utd this year. It helps, of course, but the fact no one has challenged celtic, and up until recently Rangers, in the last 20 on years is because of your own ineptitude.

Athleticos achievement was great but it's once in a blue moon which means the money excuse is valid. in all honesty usually find you one of the most level headed posters on here but the above is a big steaming pile of turd.

Take away Celtic's ability to buy the best players from other Scottish teams over the years and where would they be?

Money allows them to strengthen themselves while weakening the opposition at the same time.

Money, this year for example, is covering up for a very average manager (or are you telling me that he would have any other team at the top of the League?)

Take away Celtic's ability to buy the best players from other Scottish teams over the years and where would they be?

Money allows them to strengthen themselves while weakening the opposition at the same time.

Money, this year for example, is covering up for a very average manager (or are you telling me that he would have any other team at the top of the League?)

The gap in finance has shrunk slightly which is why teams are giving them a game but there was point when celtic and their old sister club were in the CL every year and nobody could get near them. It was close to impossible Edited by vanderark14

This might be the case in previous seasons but not really with this squad. Stokes and Griffiths came from Hibs but who else have we bought from rivals? I guess Mulgrew but we did have him first.

Aberdeen have lost players like Fraser, Grimmer and Fyvie to lower league English sides and that is having more of a negative impact than Celtic buying your players. Don't you have a few ex-Celtic players in your squad?

This might be the case in previous seasons but not really with this squad. Stokes and Griffiths came from Hibs but who else have we bought from rivals? I guess Mulgrew but we did have him first.

Aberdeen have lost players like Fraser, Grimmer and Fyvie to lower league English sides and that is having more of a negative impact than Celtic buying your players. Don't you have a few ex-Celtic players in your squad?

Ah but............

The reason celtic haven't won the European cup in 50 years is because of your own ineptitude. You should really be beating Real Madrid, regardless how much money they have. Yous are shit and should be embarrassed.

• 3 weeks later...