Celtic In The Canarie - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic In The Canarie

Injuries to Broonie, Biton and Guidetti during yesterday's loss against psv. Also Ron said he is interested in signing players from the national team and says the Norwegian league is much harder than the Scottish league claiming that if Stromgodset played at 80% they would lose 5-0. Considering his team has dropped so many points and isn't top of the league that is crazy talk.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really understand this bit? Lose to who? Is he saying stromgodset would pump celtic?

Think it means if Stromgodset play at 80% in their own league they would lose heavily, whereas if Celtic play at 80% they win more often than not in the Scottish premiership.

Like the OP says though, bit of a hard neck when they are having one of their worst seasons for ages!

Think it means if Stromgodset play at 80% in their own league they would lose heavily, whereas if Celtic play at 80% they win more often than not in the Scottish premiership.

Like the OP says though, bit of a hard neck when they are having one of their worst seasons for ages!

Ah gotcha.

All that means is that there is more teams around the same level. In Scotland we have many teams around the same level and then celtic generally a level above due to far greater finances.

The last amateur team I played for if anyone in the league played at 80% they would lose as it was a very similar standard for all teams. Does that mean our league is stronger than the Scottish premiership, not at all.

If those comments are even close to accurate it simply further confirms that he's a total clown. The whole "holiday" thing is a nonsense too. That all said, he is at least making Scottish fitba interesting by being completely inept and clueless. My prediction is that Celtic will win the league by 8 points (which isn't really much of an achievement) with Utd and Dons winning the two cups. Celtic will bin him in the summer.

My prediction is that Celtic will win the league by 8 points (which isn't really much of an achievement) with Utd and Dons winning the two cups.

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that prediction at all.

• Aberdeen will win the SPL.
  • United will win the League Cup.
  • Partick will win the Scottish Cup.
  • Hearts will win the First Division.

The bit i find most interesting about these "quotes" is the apparent injury list with Brown, Guidetti & Biton.

That, if true, could be a far bigger worry to Celtic than their dodgy form up till now.

yes - the legacy of playing unnecessary friendly's

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that prediction at all.

• Aberdeen will win the SPL.
  • United will win the League Cup.
  • Partick will win the Scottish Cup.
  • Hearts will win the First Division.

Trebles in Georgia.

Biton was their best player at Rugby Park.

I only watched the first half. Henderson was more of a standout IMO, although granted you boys didn't exactly make it difficult.

I can only assume Celtic thought they would be a bit more comfortable in the League by now when arranging this. Still in the cups and challenging for the league, as well as Euro games coming up. Add to the fact a good few of their squad are involved at International level, it doesn't make any sense adding more games to their calender.

If it means they win feck all then I certainly won;t be complaining mind you :-))

It's a glorified kick about on what looked like a closed door stadium. The break is to train in the warmth, play some games and have a bit of bonding. For those concerned, Scott Brown was a cut that required some stitches and the other two are fine. Given the choice I would have preferred us playing in the league but the conditions this week make the decision understandable.

We will just focus on one competition at a time and see where this terrible season takes us.

I think if you were being honest, you'd agree that the team should have been on league duty this weekend. In Celtics defence, they could not have anticipated the Delia factor......

Fully agree we should be playing league games not a jolly abroad but to say we 'thought the league would be over' is just your typical pile of hearsay pish that gets trotted out on here time after time.

Shouldn't really surprise me to see folk posting it.

Fully agree we should be playing league games not a jolly abroad but to say we 'thought the league would be over' is just your typical pile of hearsay pish that gets trotted out on here time after time.

Shouldn't really surprise me to see folk posting it.

Just read that Celtic have six midweek games before the split, Aberdeen have one. Just as well Celtic have a superior squad.