Michael Stewart - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michael Stewart

http://m.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/ex-footballer-michael-stewart-bids-to-be-snp-mp-1-3648186

Thought there might have been a post about this. Strange move for him!

I reckon he is quite right to put his efforts into a political career. He is without doubt keen, but he may be a bit fixated with the indyref issue and not have a broad enough range of political knowledge to see him thrive as an MP.

Does anyone know if he has any "political qualifications"?

I reckon he is quite right to put his efforts into a political career. He is without doubt keen, but he may be a bit fixated with the indyref issue and not have a broad enough range of political knowledge to see him thrive as an MP.

Does anyone know if he has any "political qualifications"?

The less "qualifications" the better as far as I'm concerned. We've already got far too many career politicians who got into to it to make a living rather than a difference.

Seeing as it's my constituency he's looking to stand in I'll be very interested to see how he does. Business for Scotland's Michelle Thomson has also put herself forward so I suspect she's more likely to get the nod. Good luck to him anyway.

Edited by Jaggy Jim

Think that is harsh

Think that is harsh

Think that was a dangling bit of bait. :wink2:

:lol:

Not on this occasion, to the bait anyway. Not entirely sure if it's harsh as admittedly my exposure to him has been limited, but what I did see was usually of little substance... I do vaguely remember correcting him over something fairly basic that he had a bee in his bonnet over, but can't remember what it was.

:lol:

Not on this occasion, to the bait anyway. Not entirely sure if it's harsh as admittedly my exposure to him has been limited, but what I did see was usually of little substance... I do vaguely remember correcting him over something fairly basic that he had a bee in his bonnet over, but can't remember what it was.

Old club/new club.