Driving Licence - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Driving Licence

I noticed that as of tomorrow all driving licences issued will have the Union Flag. (except in Norn Iron).

Given there has been no symbol other than EU on this since photocard launch- there is no practical reason for this.

Good to make us feel jolly nationalistic though eh! (the good nationalism though not that nasty narrow scottish nationalism)

So I'll have a UK licence demonstrating some United national driving symbolism... but I'll loose it easier than someone in England and Wales if I have half a pint.

So I'll have a UK licence demonstrating some United national driving symbolism... but I'll loose it easier than someone in England and Wales if I have half a pint.

Ooh, good point. Are issue conditions printed on the card like BRPs?

Edit to add - conditions on visa/BRP are UK wide.

Edited by Mindimoo

On a similar note...I noticed recently that bottles of Tennents Super no longer have "Glasgow, Scotland" written on the front. Only a UK mention now. Can't remember if Tennents was on the bad list though. Maybe the disassociation is a positive thing...

Edited by thewelk

On a similar note...I noticed recently that bottles of Tennents Super no longer have "Glasgow, Scotland" written on the front. Only a UK mention now. Can't remember if Tennents was on the bad list though. Maybe the disassociation is a positive thing...

Tennents have been on the bad list since they decided to sponsor two football clubs.

No, but you'll get the red hand of Ulster.

Almost preferable!

Is it not because it's made in Luton now?

Saltire sticker will cover the butchers apron well.

Btw I know it is against the law, but so what.

I'll be doing this. However as I just re weed it will be donkeys till I get a new one and hopefully this EU phobia will have subsided and we will be back to EU flags.

Out of interest, are they not EU documents?

J