New Year Message From Jim & Deputy Dug - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Year Message From Jim & Deputy Dug

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worrying thing about Murphy is that he is getting himself so much media attention. He is very good at milking that attention and loads of folk will vote for hi just because he is "that guy aff the telly"

Shut up and eat yer cereal, hen!

He's actually playing a blinder. This charade is to prove that he will stick up for Scotland against Westminster, the main reason a lot of people will vote SNP. A lot of people will fall for it, with the aid of our media.

I don't think so he has already started the infighting again within labour's ranks with his 1,000 nurse pledge with English taxpayers money (mansion tax) and the media is going nuts about it as well

And well he might, for IDS has overseen almost every welfare reform which began life under Labour's watch, becoming a virtual pariah figure as a consequence, and taken almost all the flack. I think they call it 'taking one for the team'.

I don't think so he has already started the infighting again within labour's ranks with his 1,000 nurse pledge with English taxpayers money (mansion tax) and the media is going nuts about it as well

That was utterly bizarre. How, let alone why, would Westminster allocate the mansion tax money to Scotland? If I understand correctly, Barnett only allocates additional funds to Scotland if public spending in England rises. So we'd only see some benefit from the mansion tax if the chancellor chose to spend the money (as opposed to using it to reduce the deficit).

I think. :unsure:

That was utterly bizarre. How, let alone why, would Westminster allocate the mansion tax money to Scotland? If I understand correctly, Barnett only allocates additional funds to Scotland if public spending in England rises. So we'd only see some benefit from the mansion tax if the chancellor chose to spend the money (as opposed to using it to reduce the deficit).

I think. :unsure:

I don't think it's got anything to do with nurses or mansion tax.

I think it's all about portraying Murphy as standing up for Scotland against London.

This is my thinking, too.

Murphy does absolutely hee-haw that is not designed to promote his (personal) agenda.

I think you and Ek are underestimating Dianne Abbot.

When is somebody going to ask him about his involvement in the Irish Republican movement when at Uni? What about all those poor families that lost loved ones during the troubles at the hands of those he supported? There is also the question of his expenses,that seems to have vanished from our media pages.

I don't think it's got anything to do with nurses or mansion tax.

I think it's all about portraying Murphy as standing up for Scotland against London.

nah the Red Tories are not that clever .... reading between the lines their is a lot of internal conflict within the party from top to bottom