Stephen Mallan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stephen Mallan

Third Lanark

He's only 18 and has just played a handful of games so far. Difficult to tell what's to come from him....has looked 'tidy' enough when I've seen him without being spectacular. We've been dreadful though recently - really dreadful - and Messi himself would have struggled to look good in a Saints shirt.

With a bit of luck the goal will really boost his confidence...and some more results like Saturdays might do the same for the rest of the side.

I heard he does stuff like that all the time in training....so here's hoping we see it again regularly.

There were 7 academy graduates in that St Mirren team. Added to that, the keeper Mark Ridgers, also Scottish, is 24 and he's currently keeping Kello out the team. They have all shown a lot of promise.

Since Teale got the manager's job on an interim basis, he's not shied away from playing youth. He's probably realised along with everyone else that Tommy Craig's signings were absolutely shocking.

There were 7 academy graduates in that St Mirren team. Added to that, the keeper Mark Ridgers, also Scottish, is 24 and he's currently keeping Kello out the team. They have all shown a lot of promise.

Since Teale got the manager's job on an interim basis, he's not shied away from playing youth. He's probably realised along with everyone else that Tommy Craig's signings were absolutely shocking.

I would presonally bring back the 3 foreigners rule but i think the EU work regulations made that illegal.

France after not qualifying for itlia 90 brought in such a rule, gentlemans agreement due to the afrorementioned.

This helped turn their national teams fortunes around culminating in them winning the WC in 1998.

Fantastic goal... Just hope it's not coached out of him.

I was at Kevin Gallacher's debut for Dundee Utd (think it was against St Mirren actually) and he was unplayable. While he did go on to be a really solid player, he definitely quickly became more conservative and a different player to what was on show at first. We can always use at least one player in the team that plays without any fear.