The Dundee Appreciation Thread. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Dundee Appreciation Thread.

What a place Dundee is turning in to.

Not been in the toon properly for a good while, but it's fairly coming on. Spent the day wandering around.

The Waterfront will be cracking when finished.

Amazing to think 20 years ago and how it's improved. Cracking views across the water from Perth Road in to Fife. Some excellent pubs and bars - the Phoenix, Drouthies, Tickety Boos.

Lots of indie bars, cafes, eating establishments. Vibrant city and always found the people very friendly.

The train station getting a lick of paint too and once finished will be excellent.

Even quite like seeing both clubs doing well. Yeah, I've got more clubs than Ian Woosnam, but grew up with Arabs and Dee pals and loved the build up of the derby through the week and then drinking together before/after it.

Dundee, take a bow son/hen, take a bow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went for a few days and stayed in the Apex and I throughly enjoyed it. Went to the Verdant Works amongst other things and it gave you a real feel of where Dundee is rooted and think it clearly showed why it voted Yes when you see how it has come to where it is.

I am looking forward to seeing the Waterfront when it is finished and would definitely go back for more short breaks.

I am sure it has benefited from some Yes tourism - partly the reason we went. It was great to be somewhere where you didn't have to glower at 60% of the people ;)

Always have preferred Dundee to Aberdeen for shopping but never fancied it for a night out.The council have done a great job with the city over the past 15 years or so,really tidied it up.I've even heard it now attracts tourists on the odd occasion.

Always liked Dundee as a city having worked there.

The transformation has been amazing and looks like a joined up plan from the Waterfront all the way up to the Overgate and City Square.

Getting shot of Tayside House has made a massive difference to the look of the front already. Looking forward to seeing the finished article.