Whether Bomb - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I was supposed to be playing today but my opponents called off because it's "too windy". Fekin wimps.

If there's nae wind, it's no gowf.

2005 Seniors Open at Royal Aberdeen. First day, Dottie Pepper of NBC - "OMG, it's incredibly windy", reponse - "Ms Pepper, it's 0830, the wind hisnae even started to get going yet".

If you can get a toorie to bide on yer heid - it's golfing weather.

Bit cold and windy in Newcastle but nothing out of the ordinary. Fux me right off this continued media fascination with a catchy name for something. Last one that really annoyed me was that escaped prisoner they kept saying the so-called "Skull Cracker".

OK, it sounds like it might be a wee bit windier on the west coast than it is here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30407295

I also see that the EBC have decided that Scotland no longer exists. It would appear that we are now officially "Northern UK"

I was saying that to the guys at work today. North Britain was heavily used as the geographical phrase of the day.

Despite it being factually correct it is also as annoying as :angry:

Lassie on Reporting Scotland (spit) was showing viewers the Largs flood defence which just happened to be a 5x2 bit of old wood.I might no be an expert but if yer fae Largs and a proper flood comes then you're Donald Ducked.

Not the first time I've seen the Millport ferry floating up the Main Street