Improving Scottish Football - Suggestions? - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Improving Scottish Football - Suggestions?

Well it should be £10, fact is alot of peop,e dont have the money anymore to go to fitba every week, i am one of them, i keep all my money now following Scotland as i love my country more and get spend day with all my mates who dont normally get to go to football with as support other teams. Days of me going to nearly every Motherwell game are done, i havent been this season and doubt i will, totally lost all interest in club football, the standard, the prices, no standing, stewards and police being heavy handed with fans want have a good time. We cant even get a sponsor for a league its no wonder as game is dying and no one with a brain in charge can see whats wrong but the fans who just keep getting screwed over and over!

Someone who never goes and watches the football saying the standard is shite.

LAWL.

On that note, I'd like to say that Rhianna is a shite ride.

Edited by Parklife

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the biggest problems is people on here who don't even go to donestic games. Will spend £100+ on a Scotland day out like a middle aged stag do but ignore domestic football and watch English Premiership on tv.

Someone who never goes and watches the football saying the standard is shite.

LAWL.

On that note, I'd like to say that Rhianna is a shite ride.

I have been going non stop to Motherwell games nearly every home and away game every season up until 2 years ago, but have stopped going as what i see on tv and what i was watching before then i did not enjoy for the value. Your point you made above is rubbish.

One of the biggest problems is people on here who don't even go to donestic games. Will spend £100+ on a Scotland day out like a middle aged stag do but ignore domestic football and watch English Premiership on tv.

Wouldnt say that, folk cant afford to go to football every week now, not everyone has the money to do that and they make a day of it when Scotland games on as its once in a blue moon they get to football. I use to go to fitba every week but my wages dont allow that anymore, its only Scotland games i go to and yeah i do watch fitba on tv now, but not just premiership watch all leagues.

I agree with Geed to an extent.

3 seasons ago I went to ~30 Motherwell games, last season it was ~10, so far this season 4.

My personal circumstances have changed too, so their is mitigating circumstances, but my reasons for not going are cost, game live on TV, work and childcare.

Obviously I don't expect my team to only play when I'm not working, or to arrange childcare, but I'm now reluctant to pay to go to a live TV game, it doesn't make sense, I'd rather keep the money for a game that's not on tv.

(KO times aren't a big issue for me)

That's 2 guys who during one of our best spells in our history are going to LESS games.

thats me, £28 to sit in the cold and watch utter shi.te or an afternoon with jeff and the boys, a few punts and some pints

seems a no brainer tbh

Edited by dan cake

That's 2 guys who during one of our best spells in our

history are going to LESS games.

Having seen Motherwell play a lot, I can understand why. Yous are absolute fecking garbage. Last season I'd have rather watched any team other than 'Well. Horrible fitbaw.

Having seen Motherwell play a lot, I can understand why. Yous are absolute fecking garbage. Last season I'd have rather watched any team other than 'Well. Horrible fitbaw.

The thing is, most teams in Scotland are shite to watch, Aberdeen are very much in that bracket. Save for the odd occasion when a team pulls out a cracking display of football like Dundee Utd do with immense irregularity and you can see why the football is a turn off. I rarely watch a Scottish match on TV as it's brutal viewing. Why watch Aberdeen v St Mirren in an half full to empty, stripped of atmosphere stadium on TV when Juve v Fiorentina or Bayern v Schalke are on at the same time? Unless you are a supporter of a team involved, there really is no incentive to watch an SPFL match live on TV. This then in turn goes back to admission cost for SPFL matches.

The thing is, most teams in Scotland are shite to watch,

To be honest, that's utter phuqqing manure.

The vast majority of teams try and generally succeed in playing attacking, passing football.

Your team is very much an exception. They play for set pieces so they can pump long balls in to the opponents box and try and win headers.

not just scottish football and not improving the game but make it more exciting is you only get a point for a score draw, or possibly 1 point for a 0-0, 2 points for a score draw

Edited by Al2014

Summer football would bring in bigger crowds, going to a game in the sunshine(i know its scotland but still) compared to going in the freezing cold while its pi55ing down. Also the pitches in the winter at certain grounds are terrible and this makes it harder for teams to play good passing football

I've long been an advocate of a season starting in April and ending at the start of January.

Clubs wont give up the festive fixtures, as they are the most lucrative. So having the title etc being decided at that time of year would be fantastic. Crowds would be bumper and atmospheres excellent.

The worst of the weather tends to be in Jan/Feb so this would eliminate these months.

Would rather the season still went Summer to Summer with a January break. Also has the benefit that if it's a bad December instead of January, we've a whole month catch up on fixtures.

Festive fixtures (despite the weather) are the best all season.

Playing Euro Games in July was actually rather pish.

This post rather contradicts itself.

To be honest, that's utter phuqqing manure.

The vast majority of teams try and generally succeed in playing attacking, passing football.

Your team is very much an exception. They play for set pieces so they can pump long balls in to the opponents box and try and win headers.

Utter nonsense. Your trolling is getting poorer. The season Motherwell finished 3rd is one of the best footballing sides the SPL had seen in a long time. Strange how McGhee had us playing some terrific football and went to Aberdeen and had to resort to hoofball...

Do tell us who these free flowing Barcelona's of Scotland are?

Your hardon for Motherwell really can't be healthy, I suppose it's always good to have a wee team like Aberdeen to follow to keep you in check.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

Utter nonsense. Your trolling is getting poorer. The season Motherwell finished 3rd is one of the best footballing sides the SPL had seen in a long time. Strange how McGhee had us playing some terrific football and went to Aberdeen and had to resort to hoofball...

Do tell us who these free flowing Barcelona's of Scotland are?

Your hardon for Motherwell really can't be healthy, I suppose it's always good to have a wee team like Aberdeen to follow to keep you in check.

I've no idea what half of your nonsensical rantings are about, to be honest...

Motherwell play shite fitbaw. Hoofball, as you may say. They rely on physicality for their results. Hopefully your new manager changes that and gets you back to playing proper football.

I never said anyone was the "Barcelona of Scotland". I said teams play attacking football and try to do so in the right way, with the ball on the ground. Folk who regularly attend games will see this. No one is saying the standard is amazing, no one is saying that some of the players aren't poor. In the main, however, most games are of a pretty decent standard and feature 2 teams who want to play football the right way.

You're obviously one of these folk who wants to slag off our game, just for the hell of it.

I agree with Geed to an extent.

3 seasons ago I went to ~30 Motherwell games, last season it was ~10, so far this season 4.

My personal circumstances have changed too, so their is mitigating circumstances, but my reasons for not going are cost, game live on TV, work and childcare.

Obviously I don't expect my team to only play when I'm not working, or to arrange childcare, but I'm now reluctant to pay to go to a live TV game, it doesn't make sense, I'd rather keep the money for a game that's not on tv.

(KO times aren't a big issue for me)

That's 2 guys who during one of our best spells in our history are going to LESS games.

Exactly, i use to ogranise buses even for scottish cup games from Larkhall and we use to get a 50 seater for Motherwell games full, now out of 50 well fans in larkhall lucky if 8 still go, prices, not being able to stand, heavy stewarding and standard of football have all put my mates of going. Afraid it isnt going to get any better as most folk are to skint to be able afford to go anymore to a game, the working class man has been priced out of football, even crowds and england are down apart from bigger clubs. the football authorities wont bother tohugh cause they never listen to the fans what they want, its all about tv deals now and football players need take a long hard look at money they are making some of them its sickening £200,000 a week even £20,000 a week is steap i would say compare that to what majority folk make in a weekly or monthly wage its no wonder fans are sick of players and clubs who take fans for granted. Just Scotland for me from now on, ahh always make time to set aside money to follow the national team, because i love Scotland and cant beat the days out and a win for scotland and atmosphere at the games is amazing, had my best days of my life following scotland that i will never forget.

I've no idea what half of your nonsensical rantings are about, to be honest...

Motherwell play shite fitbaw. Hoofball, as you may say. They rely on physicality for their results. Hopefully your new manager changes that and gets you back to playing proper football.

I never said anyone was the "Barcelona of Scotland". I said teams play attacking football and try to do so in the right way, with the ball on the ground. Folk who regularly attend games will see this. No one is saying the standard is amazing, no one is saying that some of the players aren't poor. In the main, however, most games are of a pretty decent standard and feature 2 teams who want to play football the right way.

You're obviously one of these folk who wants to slag off our game, just for the hell of it.

Likewise with your inane bullshit.

Given that we have between 2-4 "physical" players in our squad, I would suggest yer talking shite.

This season we have been poor granted, which is why we are in the position we are in. When we have achieved the few results we have so far it has been mainly reverting to allow Ojamaa and Ainsworth to rip teams as opposed to your poor obsevations suggesting we are some sort of Wimbledon style team.

Aberdeen have far more "physical" players than we do, which is probably why they doing half decent.

Also a poor observation. I will give credit where credit is due in Scotland, however there just isn't a great deal of credit to give. I would love our league to be something to be proud of, but the reality is that it isn't and hasn't been for a long time.

His username would imply he's one of the many Scots who are killing our game by preferring to 'support' a foreign club anyway.

You'd be wrong then. I have season tickets at Fir Park, as well as a membership at Elland Road and I am also a sponsor at Motherwell, as well as sponsoring several teams at grass roots level, so infact I'm the polar opposite of what you suggest.

His username would imply he's one of the many Scots who are killing our game by preferring to 'support' a foreign club anyway.

Lots of folk who has soft spots for English teams, i am a leeds utd fan myself, like to see them do well, dosent mean we are killing our game supporting a foreign club, folk are allowed to like and support other teams, each to their own. dosent mean they dont want the best for our own game, everyone has an opinion which they are entitled too.

I've long been an advocate of a season starting in April and ending at the start of January.

Clubs wont give up the festive fixtures, as they are the most lucrative. So having the title etc being decided at that time of year would be fantastic. Crowds would be bumper and atmospheres excellent.

The worst of the weather tends to be in Jan/Feb so this would eliminate these months.

agree completely, no way it will happen but if it did it would increase attendances and make winter fixtures more attractive than they are atm