Netflix Reccomendations - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Netflix Reccomendations

Only got Netflix in last couple of months, was a bit sceptical about it, but I'm now hooked. Managed to watch all the American Office series which was great. Another show which I'm finding very funny is "Its always Sunny in Philadelphia".

Asides from Breaking Bad, House of Cards, whats everyone watching?

Dexter is very watchable. Clever, fast paced story lines. Although it is ridiculously unbelievable.

Luther is much like Dexter, only 12 episodes though I think.

If you change your DNS settings to access the U.S. Netflix (Google it), you can also access Parks and Recreation (hilarious) and all the Espn 30 for 30 documentaries.

Sons of Anarchy is great (see above)

The Killing (The Danish one) or just go for the American one if you canna be bothered with subtitles

Dexter

Trailer Park Boys

Also watched the Marco Pantani documentary last night and it was superb if you're into that sort of thing

I've started to watch Sons of Anarchy and it is good.

Motorcycle Gangs and White Supremacists, throw in the IRA and Peggy Bundy and what's not to like.

I`m not convinced by it yet. Watched the first few episodes and it`s alright. Hopefully gets better

You really should get the american version if you can. The TV content is huge.

I love all the classic PBS stuff:

The Civil War

The West

Prohibition

The Dust Bowl

Also worth looking at other countries, I found Argo was on the danish version. Its so easy to flick between them

on the subject has anybody else found problems over the last three weeks or so with the american version not saving what they have watched?

have the Canadian version - netflix probably on 90% of time as tv is utter gash here - unless you subscribe to hbo etc

as mentioned earlier the killing , bridge , house of cards, lillyhammer etc all top notch

was another one set in detroit ; low winters sun or similar , 2 british actors; mark strong & ?

thought happy valley was superb - rarely see any UK tv these days

started breaking bad several times over the years - never quite stayed with it

dexter was good i thought up to about season 5 ; then i felt was getting daft....

parks & rec is decent ; would'nt say the best thing out there though , comedy wise

mad dogs was great i thought