How Are Yessers Coping With No Voters - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Are Yessers Coping With No Voters

Yessers ,whats the atmosphere like between your friends and colleagues who voted No

90% of my friends voted Yes, the couple of No voters I know , well... I genuinely can't bear to be in their company anymore....for fear of having a blazing argument with them.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scunnered is starting to become a pain in the arse with his anti SNP/Sturgeon comments ......but he voted Yes seemingly !

Edited by Ally Bongo

Not many in work feel as strongly as I do so everyone pretty much gives me a very wide berth when matters of politics come up. There are a few though that I am lying in wait for, got to be careful as I am a senior manager!!

I took the 19th off, was told by folk on the Monday that best I didn't come in as the atmosphere was strangely subdued and odd, most were YES voters in my work.

I was able to convince most people in my circles to vote YES. The few who voted no seem to be finding it difficult to look me in the eye!

All my friends voted Yes

Refused to speak to No voting work colleagues for a week but now sociable with them ...but it's still there that they voted No

I occasionally will make a passing comment of the post referendum politics like the surge of UKIP to reinforce their mistake

Christmas with the family has potential although ive decided to keep my mouth shut

My widowed Aunt voted No and had Union Jack bunting outside her house - my deceased Uncle was English so i get it

My cousin and his wife however voted No because they are selfish and it's possible they may try to make light of it

Scunnered is starting to become a pain in the arse with his anti SNP/Sturgeon comments ......but he voted Yes seemingly !

It's not anti-SNP it's "anti-neoliberal-policies" like half a billion pounds of corporate welfare specifically.

There is a difference, which might be a lot more subtle than i first imagined, between opposing policies and people.

I've just been slowly pointing to no voters all the broken promises all the nonsense etc, and asking them if they think they'll be as easily duped next time.

It's not anti-SNP it's "anti-neoliberal-policies" like half a billion pounds of corporate welfare specifically.

I can only see £450 million towards the small business bonus which is a million miles away from the looking after big corporates which is what is being inferred

We do not have control over Corporation Tax as everyone knows

"Supporting Scotland's Small Businesses - We will protect the Small Business Bonus, ensuring £450 million of support for the small businesses that form the lifeblood of local economies. The small business bonus has saved jobs in the downturn and created jobs in the recovery."

I can only see £450 million towards the small business bonus which is a million miles away from the looking after big corporates which is what is being inferred

We do not have control over Corporation Tax as everyone knows

"Supporting Scotland's Small Businesses - We will protect the Small Business Bonus, ensuring £450 million of support for the small businesses that form the lifeblood of local economies. The small business bonus has saved jobs in the downturn and created jobs in the recovery."

Yeah like calling in the Trump thing, national government "Trumping" local government would never happen if i was in charge, in that context, if local government were starting to hang folk from lamposts without trial then ofc provisions be made but in general , would never happen.

I continue to vote SNP every election in every available election. I know there are hands tied etc.

How many folk would have honestly read the report if scunnered hadn't put it out there, by debating the issue properly everyones knowledge base increases. then it's up to how we vote. I certainly learned something from both sides debating it, that's why i'm trying to make sure the debate isn't shut down by discussing the folk making the arguments but the actual arguments.

I never talk politics with family.

However my no voting in laws cannot stop bringing up the subject of the referendum, SNP, and Nichola Sturgeon. Every single time I visit they are banging on about it.

They won. But they are obsessed with the SNP. Why do they hate the concept of self determination so much? What are they afraid of? At least it has given my father in law a rest from going on about the EU...

There are people in this thread talking about refusing to speak to people because they voted No. There are people flocking to a party with Conservative policy in droves while labeling everyone else a Tory.

Its absolutely mind boggling.

That's fair comment Scunnereds but I hope you are not advocating labour? That to

Me is mind boggling.

That's fair comment Scunnereds but I hope you are not advocating labour? That to

Me is mind boggling.

Of course not. It just upsets me when SNP members hold their party on a pedestal when reality is they're no less Tory than those they call Tory. By all means vote SNP to further the independence cause but let's not pretend they're morally superior to the other parties.

Of course not. It just upsets me when SNP members hold their party on a pedestal when reality is they're no less Tory than those they call Tory. By all means vote SNP to further the independence cause but let's not pretend they're morally superior to the other parties.

image.jpg

image.jpg

:ok: