Aiden Mcgeady - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aiden Mcgeady

Dillinger

Sorry to break it to you, but they are... and a third of the Irish are from the nation Northern Ireland. So same rules apply to McLean

That's only true if we can all determine, and agree, what constitutes " a nation".

Let us all know how you get on with that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to break it to you, but they are... and a third of the Irish are from the nation Northern Ireland. So same rules apply to McLean

Ha ha ha ah Lichtie you really haven't a clue do you?

Even the staunchest knuckle dragging loyalist doesn't consider N.I. a nation. If anything they would consider Great Britain as their nation given their allegiences.

Just to educate you a wee bit. Wales and Scotland are nations and so is Ireland. N.I. the UK and the Republic are only jurisdictions.

Even the staunchest knuckle dragging loyalist doesn't consider N.I. a nation. If anything they would consider Great Britain as their nation given their allegiences.

Just to educate you a wee bit. Wales and Scotland are nations and so is Ireland. N.I. the UK and the Republic are only jurisdictions.

Great Britain ain't a nation though.... It's an island. So you really ain't educating me. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England and ROI are all nations, 4 are in a political union, 1 ain't. That simple don't see why it's such a big deal to you it's like you guys don't recognise NI?

Not saying any more on it as thread will go wayyyyyyy off topic.

And what's the name of the Island he was born in?

I'll give you a clue it's the second word of the 'country' of Northern Ireland.

Aye right. Islands are countries now are they? I think if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't exactly be delighted. Hope you don't get upset when Northern Ireland become world footballing giants and half of Dublin want to play for them...........

Aye right. Islands are countries now are they? I think if the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't exactly be delighted. Hope you don't get upset when Northern Ireland become world footballing giants and half of Dublin want to play for them...........

Eh? Whit?

Great Britain ain't a nation though.... It's an island. So you really ain't educating me. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England and ROI are all nations, 4 are in a political union, 1 ain't. That simple don't see why it's such a big deal to you it's like you guys don't recognise NI?

Not saying any more on it as thread will go wayyyyyyy off topic.

Ah ffs are you for real?!

The loyalists consider themselves British so Britain and Britishness are the identity they align themselves too.They would see themselves as part of the British nation.

Personally I don't regard Britain as a nation due to the fact you have 3 distinct peoples,cultures,languages etc etc within that Island.

That's what makes the loyalist/Unionist outlook so ridiculous. There is a difference between being a Unionist and being British.

I don't regard unionists/loyalist/protestants as British even if they do because they are Irish. There were Irish unionists long before the made up gerrymandered entity of N.I.

Apologies lads for bringing it off topic.

Always hard not to respond to ignorance.

Anyway lets get back saying what a cxxt McGeady is ;)

Well there's a whole section - any other business - for geography, nations, politics, conspiracy theories, comets, etc.

That was superb, wasn't it.

And I can't be alone, can I, when I say that when McGeady had the ball at his feet and turned on the speed he had me holding my breath.

Having said that, I think, as I thought when he was at Celtic, that he promises much but delivers little.

You weren't, especially in that 15 minute spell in the second half.

Well there's a whole section - any other business - for geography, nations, politics, conspiracy theories, comets, etc.

I'll have to go all Billy Joel on it 'I didn't start the fire' boys and I acknowledged I facilitated taking it off topic.

A pity McGeady's shot didn't go in as it would've completely sickened your boo boys.

Well the 2011 census doesn't quite agree with you as the percentage of people who consider themselves northern Irish is around the same as those who consider themselves Irish

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Northern_Ireland#Religion

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

Well the 2011 census doesn't quite agree with you as the percentage of people who consider themselves northern Irish is around the same as those who consider themselves Irishhttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Northern_Ireland#Religion

Ehm word of advice don't EVER quote wikipedia when trying to back up a point.

'Northern Irish' isn't a nationality. I'm from the west of Ireland but I don't call myself 'Western Irish' so Northern Irish is a redundant term.

Ironic as I found your comments ignorant.

But aye, McGeadys a bawbag

Lichtie do yourself a favour and stick to talking about your national team rather than Irish history and political matters because they're certainly not your forte.

Anyway back to McGeady :)

'Northern Irish' isn't a nationality. I'm from the west of Ireland but I don't call myself 'Western Irish' so Northern Irish is a redundant term.

Western Ireland isn't a nation though. How's Northern Irish not a nationality??? It's a completely different state from the Republic the only thing you two share is the island. I'm the ignorant one?!?!?

I'll have to go all Billy Joel on it 'I didn't start the fire' boys and I acknowledged I facilitated taking it off topic.

A pity McGeady's shot didn't go in as it would've completely sickened your boo boys.

I meant it positively = the issue of 'what is a nation' has been the subject of probably thousands of posts this year elsewhere on here... and some might be interested in your take on it.

and comets too - possibly even more interesting than aiden mcgeady

Western Ireland isn't a nation though. How's Northern Irish not a nationality??? It's a completely different state from the Republic the only thing you two share is the island. I'm the ignorant one?!?!?

Lichtie start a thread in your AOB section and i'll happily debate with you.

Your confusing states,countries and nations as the same thing.

Northern Ireland is a state obviously but it's not a nation or a country.It's a colonised part of my country and part of my nation.

South Sudan?

South Sudan?

To be honest with you I don't know a huge amount about Sudan/South Sudan.

I don't think it's a fair comparison as there are different tribes with different cultures. This is a completely different context.

I worked with a Nigerian when I was in college and he told me there were hundreds of different languages in Nigeria so any modern day African country whose straight line borders were defined by their colonial masters really shouldn't apply when talking about Northern Ireland.

Lichtie start a thread in your AOB section and i'll happily debate with you.

Your confusing states,countries and nations as the same thing.

Northern Ireland is a state obviously but it's not a nation or a country.It's a colonised part of my country and part of my nation.

Your country is the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, NOT IRELAND. Northern Ireland is on the island of Ireland. Republic of Ireland is the other country on that island. That's why Northern Ireland have an interNATIONal football team. It really is that simple. Why do the republicans think they own the whole island now? My biology teacher was from Belfast and made sure everybody knew that he was Northern Irish and British. Nobody's talking about McGeady now anyway.

Your country is the REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, NOT IRELAND. Northern Ireland is on the island of Ireland. Republic of Ireland is the other country on that island. That's why Northern Ireland have an interNATIONal football team. It really is that simple. Why do the republicans think they own the whole island now? My biology teacher was from Belfast and made sure everybody knew that he was Northern Irish and British. Nobody's talking about McGeady now anyway.

Please Lichtie go on and post this nonsense on the Irish forum and see what the response is.

Your biology teacher wasn't Jim Allister's lovechild by any chance?

Given your lack of knowledge in this matter where you'll probably have to google Allister, there's really nothing else to say.

Start a topic on the other AOB section as this is a McGeady thread