Dons Debt News - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely hope Rangers find some financial footing. While I think it's become apparent Scottish football doesn't need rangers, I think it remains a better place with them. I enjoy the historic footballing rivalries Scotland has. Moreover, I don't want to see any Scottish club die. Admittedly, it would be good if you remained slightly sh1te for a while yet!

I genuinely hope Rangers find some financial stability but at this point it's difficult to see from where and as long as Ally is the manager your slightly (possibly over optimistic) wish will be granted.

That is as inaccurate as your other contributions to this thread.

Sunderland, Derby, Man City to name but a few immediately dispel your claim.

I don't think more people are going to pay to go and see the Dons just because we've got a new stadium (particularly an out of city one)

Only thing that will increase attendances is better pricing and a winning team on the park

I don't think more people are going to pay to go and see the Dons just because we've got a new stadium (particularly an out of city one)

Only thing that will increase attendances is better pricing and a winning team on the park

Exactly if you build it they won't necessarily come. In addition the peripherals such as hotels, cinemas, bowling alleys etc are a waste though most never make it off the drawing board. A new stadium will simply start another cycle of debt and will bring little return on the investment, unless the investment is small i.e. a 12 - 15,000 basic four box stadium a la Almondvale,

Man City, Sunderland, Southampton and Brighton off the top of my head are all attracting far higher average crowds than they were in their old grounds.

On the cost of admission I agree that fans won't pay more because it is a new ground. There is a tipping point for most fans as we have seen with Scotland.

The increased revenue will come from additional corporate facilities which will be used up to 7 days a week.

The plans also include a supporters bar for 1500 which again will bring in more money. Not hard to see the club hire that out on non match days for functions either.

Attaching a Hotel to new Pittodrie would be like printing money.

Said the same the other day, my wife worked for a offshore agency when we lived in Aberdeen and could never get the guys into hotels, why dont they do a deal with the council for the site and they help with finances, build a hotel and split the profits, nice income for both, what about current AECC site once it moves and bypass is s done?

Man City, Sunderland, Southampton and Brighton off the top of my head are all attracting far higher average crowds than they were in their old grounds.

On the cost of admission I agree that fans won't pay more because it is a new ground. There is a tipping point for most fans as we have seen with Scotland.

The increased revenue will come from additional corporate facilities which will be used up to 7 days a week.

The plans also include a supporters bar for 1500 which again will bring in more money. Not hard to see the club hire that out on non match days for functions either.

Additional corporate facilities :-)):-)):-))

• 2 weeks later...

Without reading any of this thread and purely going off the title, can I suggest that any form of punishment includes relegation to the 3rd division and a 10 transfer ban.

If Im presuming wrongly, no offence.

I don't think you even read the title...... It's good news.