Sensitive Skin? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any recommendations for good razor blades?, I have spent a small fortune over the years on trying to avoid being shredded (unless it's at least two full days growth) whilst shaving, disposables, mach3, pro-glide, etc etc?

Info appreciated lads (& you hairy lassies ?)

I've been using the Wilkinson Sword. It's pretty decent and gets that bit under your nose that the Mach 3 didn't. It's dear, but worth it and no cuts.

You tried shaving every day? I used to skip days and it's much easier now doing it everyday and don't need shaving cream either that way.

The Wilkinson Hydro 3 (which I mistakenly called a Hydro 5 in the linked thread). A revelation after what I'd been using.

I clicked the link and read the thread forgot i was on the archived board and had about 10 seconds of total befuddlement as i recognized none of the topics and my brain flailed helplessly to explain.

I used to joke in school how the razor companies had locked themselves into more blades = better, and we'd have 5 blade razors soon, how right i was.

I just shave in the David Gower - nae cream, just water.

Does the wee mirror no steam up?

Mach 3?? Didn't know they still made them. I'm sticking by Fusion ProGlide Power :ok:.

I do fancy trying the safety razor and badger hair brush combo sometime but I'm not brave enough.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Unsurprisingly, the best Scotland the Brave I've had was in Turkey. I thought the qünt was going to kill me, but what a shave.

Kuwait City for me. 2 hours in the chair, hot towel, massage, shave and moisturise. Loads of sweet Arab tea and brushed up on my arabic into the bargain as the fella spoke a bit of English. Didn't need to shave again for about 3 days. Best 2 dinar I ever spent :ok:

Kuwait City for me. 2 hours in the chair, hot towel, massage, shave and moisturise. Loads of sweet Arab tea and brushed up on my arabic into the bargain as the fella spoke a bit of English. Didn't need to shave again for about 3 days. Best 2 dinar I ever spent :ok:

Phuqq yer Arab tea, Stevie. I got 2 bottles o' Efes aff the qünt.

Don't think this is the best time to let anyone from the Middle East near your throat with a razor

Don't think this is the best time to let anyone from the Middle East near your throat with a razor

We're going back to August 2001 here. Kuwait City was actually a really friendly place - we were always a bit of a novelty, especially in the souks, and it was great fun learning to barter in Arabic.

About a week after I left (I was at Ali Al Salem air base) there was a wee incident in New York and everthing changed.

the guy doing the beheading in the videos is English and not from the Middle East. Which damages the internal structure of the joke, but hey.

Any recommendations for good razor blades?, I have spent a small fortune over the years on trying to avoid being shredded (unless it's at least two full days growth) whilst shaving, disposables, mach3, pro-glide, etc etc?

Info appreciated lads (& you hairy lassies ?)

try a double edged safety razor. Far cheaper than a Gillette cartridge razor and won't irritate your skin with the right routine

I tried every blade, shaving gel/cream and every after shave balm, moisturiser, etc and couldn`t get rid of my shaving rash. Bought a decent electric shaver and it disappeared within a week. Not as good a shave as a blade but you get used to it pretty quickly and it saves buying blades all the time. Wait till the January sales and boots always have the top of the range ones half price.