Tonev The Racist - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonev The Racist

When I was 10 or 11, I wanted every strip, flag, t-shirt, badge, video, record, sticker, mug, keying and every other bit of tat that the club would try to sell me. They could do no wrong and if they got beat it was the referee's fault. The casuals were there to protect normal fans so they were cool as well.

I grew up though and no longer indulge in such childish behaviour or see things in such an unbalanced view. Football merchandise is overpriced shite, my team play crap from time to time and casuals are cowardly scum bags.

That leads me to believe that e.k. is still a bit younger than many on here...

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sadly, I've no problem in accepting that there is a very good chance that Stokes received racist/sectarian abuse at Tynecastle. In fact I'd say he almost certainly did from a few, probably quite a few, individuals. Deeply regrettable, and something that should be condemned unreservedly. Sort of the point Budge was making. Needs to be dealt with, the individuals concerned identified and dealt with by the club and/or police. Nothing whatever to do with the Tonev/Logan thing though, which involves abuse of a player by an opposing club's player. Whataboutery again.

Exactly.

A total inability to look at a situation in isolation.

When I was 10 or 11, I wanted every strip, flag, t-shirt, badge, video, record, sticker, mug, keying and every other bit of tat that the club would try to sell me. They could do no wrong and if they got beat it was the referee's fault. The casuals were there to protect normal fans so they were cool as well.

I grew up though and no longer indulge in such childish behaviour or see things in such an unbalanced view. Football merchandise is overpriced shite, my team play crap from time to time and casuals are cowardly scum bags.

That leads me to believe that e.k. is still a bit younger than many on here...

Maybe, me being older and therefore more mature :D, I can look at the evidence subjectively. You still seem to be at the club can do no wrong stage.

Isn't he denying he said anything? I would also have assumed he would have stated what he did say to highlight that Logan misheard.

All I know is that he denied racially abusing Logan. I doubt he actually remembers exactly what he said in the middle of a football match unless he did say those words.

Listen, and no bias (hopefully) please.

Do you not think it's bizarre that a 7 game ban would be handed out without (some) foundation?

Or are you going to revert to type and suggest it's the SFA at their best? ;)

I think if he was bang to rights Celtic would have washed their hands of him, what do they gain by backing an obvious racist? Especially since we have quite a few non white players ourselves and he's a loan player anyway.

As for me reverting to type, slating the SFA is the standard response of any Scottish football supporter, and not without reason.

I think if he was bang to rights Celtic would have washed their hands of him, what do they gain by backing an obvious racist? Especially since we have quite a few non white players ourselves and he's a loan player anyway.

As for me reverting to type, slating the SFA is the standard response of any Scottish football supporter, and not without reason.

That wasn't the reverting to type I had in mind.

Thank you tough.

Good to see Ek is still making a James hunt of himself and thinking Tonev should be tried under different rules. Rules different to the ones currently in place and the ones his club agreed to.

Obviously it's different when his team employs a guy who doles out racist abuse.

Celtic have come out of this terribly. From the manager and captain saying they "know" Tonev didn't dish out racist abuse, to their fans slurs on Logan. It's shameful. Every khunt can see it apart from Celric fans though. Which is hardly a surprise.

Good to see Ek is still making a James hunt of himself and thinking Tonev should be tried under different rules. Rules different to the ones currently in place and the ones his club agreed to.

Obviously it's different when his team employs a guy who doles out racist abuse.

Celtic have come out of this terribly. From the manager and captain saying they "know" Tonev didn't dish out racist abuse, to their fans slurs on Logan. It's shameful. Every khunt can see it apart from Celric fans though. Which is hardly a surprise.

*Replies so parkie gets a wee bit of self esteem, after all. it's nearly Christmas*

• 2 weeks later...