Hampden Park Tickets (App) - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden Park Tickets (App)

Broath Boy

13 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

TBH I don't know about the Hampden app, yet... it was just a general whinge! I remain to be convinced everything on phones is easier.

When Hampden is busy getting a data signal is almost impossible. Will the app work without data? 

As an example I have had a few flights and train journeys recently where at the gate the app didn't function as no data signal, (or i wouldn't pay for data roaming) and screenshots or pdfs don't work. Worst is BA as the app always crashes.

Having a paper copy of my booking saved the day.

With the BA app, just transfer your ticket to your Apple or Google wallet. No signal required plus you avoid their flakey app.

J

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

With the BA app, just transfer your ticket to your Apple or Google wallet. No signal required plus you avoid their flakey app.

J

cheers. I will try that on way to Amsterdam 

On 3/17/2024 at 6:31 PM, GLOSTA said:

TBH I don't know about the Hampden app, yet... it was just a general whinge! I remain to be convinced everything on phones is easier.

When Hampden is busy getting a data signal is almost impossible. Will the app work without data? 

As an example I have had a few flights and train journeys recently where at the gate the app didn't function as no data signal, (or i wouldn't pay for data roaming) and screenshots or pdfs don't work. Worst is BA as the app always crashes.

Having a paper copy of my booking saved the day.

I turned my WiFi and mobile data off and can still access my ticket for the NI game. Presumably this will still be the case when the QR codes are available on the day of the game. 

I’m not saying using phones is necessarily easier but I don’t think it make things more difficult (assuming the app is stable and everything goes OK on match days).

Giving people the option to print from the app would probably have been the best solution I suppose. 

On 3/17/2024 at 10:58 PM, Rich NATA said:

So, if for any reason you are unable to attend a match... Can you pass the ticket on to a non-member or not?

I can’t go to the Northen Ireland game and trying to get the same question answered. Not bothered about any points but would rather as many folk were in the ground as possible.

Tried phoning them on Friday, yesterday and today and number constantly engaged, sent a couple of Emails and no reply. Not sure if there’s any other ways of contacting the SSC 

22 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

I can’t go to the Northen Ireland game and trying to get the same question answered. Not bothered about any points but would rather as many folk were in the ground as possible.

Tried phoning them on Friday, yesterday and today and number constantly engaged, sent a couple of Emails and no reply. Not sure if there’s any other ways of contacting the SSC 

Don’t see any reason why you can’t. What happens if an OAP member without a phone wanted to go to the game with a non member? They would just download the app and login as the old boy, transfer the ticket to his non member account and bang, he has two tickets. 

It’s all in the email with the how to guide.

J

1 hour ago, DOUBLE A said:

I think they may be avoiding questions about SSC member ticket transfer/points, I cant see why they would not reply otherwise. I am not quite sure how the ticket transfer/ points system works. Surely they cant be openly allowing  SSC members to transfer tickets without some sort of control over the points. 

I emailed them the day after the ticket package went on sale with a totally non urgent query about how to access the site for future ticket sales ( I seemed to have a different set up from everyone else when I booked my tickets and was concerned that going forward it may cause me problems). My question could have been answered weeks later , I was in no rush whatsoever for the reply as I had managed to get tickets for this campaign . I got a response 2 hours later. 

1 hour ago, Bristolhibby said:

Don’t see any reason why you can’t. What happens if an OAP member without a phone wanted to go to the game with a non member? They would just download the app and login as the old boy, transfer the ticket to his non member account and bang, he has two tickets. 

It’s all in the email with the how to guide.

J

I agree it should be easy but in the FAQ bit for the  ticketing app it says you can transfer a ticket bought on public sale, miles was bought as part of the season ticket package so not sure if that counts as same as the public sale ?

Edited as looking further down the FAQ it says SSC members tickets and public sale tickets can be transferred once using the Hampden ticket app. 

Would be a lot easier to ask them the question but the phone number for SSC is still engaged, was like that all day yesterday and since 9am today 

Edited by DOUBLE A

7 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Surely they cant be openly allowing  SSC members to transfer tickets without some sort of control over the points.

What happens to kids ?
Neither of my sons (Age 7 and 10) own a smart phone.
Do they lose their points?  I have emailed to ask.
Its a legitimate question for many people.

30 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

What happens to kids ?

Of course its a legitimate question. I think someone might have answered the situation for kids on some thread, but am not certain unfortunately. 
The point i was making is that they were previously telling people that ticket’s bought by SSC members need to be used only by them,  presumably because you get a point for a home game, and now there seems to be a transfer ability. Unless I have missed a communication that explains what happens to points when a ticket is transferred then it seems counter productive. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Of course its a legitimate question. I think someone might have answered the situation for kids on some thread, but am not certain unfortunately. 
The point i was making is that they were previously telling people that ticket’s bought by SSC members need to be used only by them,  presumably because you get a point for a home game, and now there seems to be a transfer ability. Unless I have missed a communication that explains what happens to points when a ticket is transferred then it seems counter productive. 

Agree!  Ideally the kids tickets would just be visible in my app.
Then I wouldn't have any of these questions / hassle.

12 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

What happens to kids ?

Same as above. Pretty sure its covered in the guidance.

J

10 hours ago, bdgsct said:

Any idea what provisions are to be made for those without smart phones? Website mentioned it would be announced in due course.

See my above post. 

J

39 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

I foresee Tuesday night being a riot! Get there early. 

Getting into Hampden has been a farce since they brought in the automatic turnstiles. Tuesday won’t be any different but hopefully it won’t be worse. 

At least there won’t be people trying to do some sort of drunk origami with A4 sized tickets they have printed off. 

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Getting into Hampden has been a farce since they brought in the automatic turnstiles. Tuesday won’t be any different but hopefully it won’t be worse. 

At least there won’t be people trying to do some sort of drunk origami with A4 sized tickets they have printed off. 

No chance of a repeat of the Georgia game at least, must've been half a dozen guys in front of me pulling out pockets of white mulch at the turnstile.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Letting someone borrow your phone to allow them to sign into their ticketing account is surely some sort of data protection breach?

It’s your account, your data, why would it be? 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:44 AM, Bristolhibby said:

But you presumably agreed to let them have access to that data. It’s your data.

J

If you don’t let them have access to your data you don’t get in to the matches you’ve purchased tickets for

It’s the vaccine all over again

42 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If you don’t let them have access to your data you don’t get in to the matches you’ve purchased tickets for

It’s the vaccine all over again

🤣🤣