Billy Gilmour YouTube story - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour YouTube story

Burj_Alba

22 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Looking forward to this. On in about two hours.

Cheers for sharing that. Really enjoyed it.

He comes across as a really decent, level headed lad. And pretty happy with life in Brighton.

7 hours ago, Goldenhibby said:

good quality production 

Agreed. I think the interview footage with Kenny McLean was from the Spain away game, so they'd obviously been planning this film for at least 6 months or so.

SFA did something well for a change 

5 hours ago, fringo said:

He comes across as a really decent, level headed lad. 

The thing i got from it was that the key difference between Gilmour and his performance school teammates was attitude and upbringing.

There was a bit in the film where his old performance school pal (playing part-time or amateur... cannae remember his team) was talking about how Billy was first on and last off the training pitch. As he gave that interview i was wondering how much he regretted not putting in the work like Gilmour did

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 8:23 PM, Dave78 said:

The thing i got from it was that the key difference between Gilmour and his performance school teammates was attitude and upbringing.

There was a bit in the film where his old performance school pal (playing part-time or amateur... cannae remember his team) was talking about how Billy was first on and last off the training pitch. As he gave that interview i was wondering how much he regretted not putting in the work like Gilmour did

Will be an element of that but there's many factors. 

Billy Gilmour is a phenomenally gifted talent first and foremost, natural gift. He's from a footballing family and his dad was a decent player at junior level. He's got real hunger is seems too, to be the best he possibly can be. Hence why he made a decision at 16 that not many kids who support Rangers would do and that's leave Rangers when they are begging to keep you, in order to further his career. 

I'm sure plenty kids he came through the PS with will have regrets but his biggest asset is first his natural talent and secondly his work ethic. 

I know lots of folk who know him/knew him and any time he is back in Ardrossan/Saltcoats area he's down the local gym working away, helping out with prize givings etc at local boys clubs. Just seems a genuinely good wee guy.