New Ticketing System Now Live - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Ticketing System Now Live

Brummie Hibs

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, macwomble said:

It shouldn’t be that complicated!!’

Agreed, i think the guide issued last night had screenshots of that which was when it twigged with me this morning. The whole thing is the usual poor service and clearly was rushed through, they seem more interested in making sure we arent able to give tickets to friends if away for work in November rather than implement a system that functions smoothly. 

I also have a murrayfield season pass and on the rugby ticketing app i can send my season pass to any other app holder if i cant attend a game, after they attend they send it back to me. No issues at all doing that a couple of weeks ago when i was away for the weekend of the France game

Buy 3 tickets for Euros using the UEFA website - circa 45 seconds

Buy 1 season ticket on SFA website - An hour and a quarter and still nowhere

There was no chance they were gonna spend enough money to get someone on board who's vaguely competent and then handle the transition competently themselves, none whatsoever

The system is totally fine. It's a queue followed by selecting tickets of which there are plenty to go round. There was a booking guide showing you what to do too. Not their fault people don't read it then complain at half 10 on the day.

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

SSC now put a screenshot to answer the OAP / kids discount issue.

I had the guidance last  night and reviewed it in detail,  but it wasn’t that easy when. A. You’ve been in a waiting room for 40 minutes. B. You’re trying to buy 9 tickets! C. You’ve already had 10 goes to choose seats and every time you’ve attempted to add to cart, it says no longer available! D. You’ve also got the potential your payment may fail (history of that previously) E. loads of folk posting they’ve still got the black line of doom and at least 30 mins from getting into ticket site.Had tickets  in basket so bought with alternatives being reduced by the second, then hope the SFA see that the system is slightly more complicated for a first time user (under pressure)than for those  in their office who  have been beta testing for 3 months at their leisure!! 

2 minutes ago, trout101 said:

The system is totally fine. It's a queue followed by selecting tickets of which there are plenty to go round. There was a booking guide showing you what to do too. Not their fault people don't read it then complain at half 10 on the day.

Can I ask if you bough any Senior or Junior tickets at all!? 

1 minute ago, macwomble said:

I had the guidance last  night and reviewed it in detail,  but it wasn’t that easy when. A. You’ve been in a waiting room for 40 minutes. B. You’re trying to buy 9 tickets! C. You’ve already had 10 goes to choose seats and every time you’ve attempted to add to cart, it says no longer available! D. You’ve also got the potential your payment may fail (history of that previously) E. loads of folk posting they’ve still got the black line of doom and at least 30 mins from getting into ticket site.Had tickets  in basket so bought with alternatives being reduced by the second, then hope the SFA see that the system is slightly more complicated for a first time user (under pressure)than for those  in their office who  have been beta testing for 3 months at their leisure!! 

See my previous post. If you have large numbers let the system allocate your tickets. Then you can pop how many of each category you want and move the tickets around after it’s allocated them.

I can’t even find the email as the SSC seem to have about 5 different email addresses that they come out from.

Scotland Supporters

Scottish FA

Scottiah Tickets

SSC

2 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Nah but it shows you how to. Obv if you're buying 9 tix there is a chance someone takes one of the seats before you have bought it 

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:
1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

See my previous post. If you have large numbers let the system allocate your tickets. Then you can pop how many of each category you want and move the tickets around after it’s allocated them.

I accept that but it depends on what they see as best pick! I’d rather be at the back and to the side than down the front in the middle!

Just now, trout101 said:

Nah but it shows you how to. Obv if you're buying 9 tix there is a chance someone takes one of the seats before you have bought it 

If you had I’m sure you would have been fine then!! Unfortunately a lot of people haven’t! 

If you had I’m sure you would have been fine then!! Unfortunately a lot of people haven’t! 

I'm just saying if you have a large group and are trying to select specific seats then it's always gonna be harder. People clearly didn't look at how to do it in advance, not the SFA's fault.

2 minutes ago, trout101 said:

I'm just saying if you have a large group and are trying to select specific seats then it's always gonna be harder. People clearly didn't look at how to do it in advance, not the SFA's fault.

Yeah, you're talking rubbish pal.

4 minutes ago, trout101 said:

I did so I’ve failed! Lol

4 minutes ago, macwomble said:

I did so I’ve failed! Lol

Bottom line is that particular part of the system appears clunky! To be fair I got decent seats for us all! Just paid more them! Life goes on! 

Bottom line is that particular part of the system appears clunky! To be fair I got decent seats for us all! Just paid more them! Life goes on! 

What I don’t understand is why that extra level is needed. Simple database change to mark what age category all of us in. Update basket and it updates price! It’s not rocket science! Old system managed it lol!