Non football plans in Germany - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Non football plans in Germany

GaryWood34

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Those would be good, but wrong part of the country for me. If you’re taking a game in in Leipzig though, Halle, is worth a look.

There's more than one Halle apparently, so it's not the one near Leipzig. 

It's up near Munster/Bielefield,Osnabruck, so kinda North-west generally. Not a million miles from Dortmund. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

3 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

There's more than one Halle apparently, so it's not the one near Leipzig. 

It's up near Munster/Bielefield,Osnabruck, so kinda North-west generally. Not a million miles from Dortmund. 

So there is, my mistake. Might have a look at that as a possibility

1 hour ago, GaryWood34 said:

Good wee thread this - booked tickets for the darts and tennis thanks to it.

Good stuff. 

What did you book for the tennis? 

I’m right into the tennis but still swithering. Will maybe see if I get any other matches in the UEFA ballot first. 

13 hours ago, biffer said:

Those would be good, but wrong part of the country for me. If you’re taking a game in in Leipzig though, Halle, is worth a look.

Be careful. Halle Saale near Leipzig is not the tournament venue. The lawn tennis is played in Halle Westfalen

9 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Good stuff. 

What did you book for the tennis? 

I’m right into the tennis but still swithering. Will maybe see if I get any other matches in the UEFA ballot first. 

Booked 17th as the football matches at 3 and 5 weren’t the greatest. Maybe do the 18th as well. I’ll see. 

Im in Frankfurt so it looks like a decent bit of travelling but I’ll see more of the country and no plans so why not. 

Long gap between match 1 and 2. 

43 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Booked 17th as the football matches at 3 and 5 weren’t the greatest. Maybe do the 18th as well. I’ll see. 

Im in Frankfurt so it looks like a decent bit of travelling but I’ll see more of the country and no plans so why not. 

Long gap between match 1 and 2. 

Yeah, we’re staying in Mainz so would be near enough the same journey to get up to Halle.  Not the quickest but will see what happens with the ballot.  

A day out at the tennis is brilliant though. You’ll have a great time. 

38 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Yeah, we’re staying in Mainz so would be near enough the same journey to get up to Halle.  Not the quickest but will see what happens with the ballot.  

A day out at the tennis is brilliant though. You’ll have a great time. 

Yeh looked at last years day 1 and they had seeds 1 and 2 (Tsipitas and Medvedev) on the opening day so hoping for the same. At €29 it’s great value. 

13 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I believe there is a Mercedes museum too.

Probably, the stadium is sponsored by them I think? Not a fan of Mercedes tho. 

14 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I based it on one bloke that looked about 40 on the 2023 festival video. It might have been a dad collecting his son right enough . 

I thought it was the elec-tonic wine festival. For the lovers of buckfast. Might attract a good Scottish crowd! 👍🤣

15 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I thought it was the elec-tonic wine festival. For the lovers of buckfast. Might attract a good Scottish crowd! 👍🤣

😂 the organisers are definitely missing a sales pitch there . 

On 1/23/2024 at 4:21 AM, TA-West Germany said:

Be careful. Halle Saale near Leipzig is not the tournament venue. The lawn tennis is played in Halle Westfalen

Hi mate, 

Where do you think would be worthwhile staying for a night if I were going to the tennis at Halle? 

I’m currently booked in Mainz for 3 nights, 15-18 June but it looks a bit of a long journey to go up and back from there in one day. 

I was thinking of maybe going to Wuppertal or somewhere else for a night (17th), then go to tennis (18th) and then I can head to Cologne as soon as the tennis finishes for the day - without it being too much of a journey. 

I’m then in Cologne 18-21 June.  

3 concerts booked so far (Rod Stewart, Take That, Kool & The Gang ft. Chic & Nile Rodgers)

A day trip over to the Aachen tripoint border

Various other day trips to the likes of Koblenz, Bamburg, Rothenburg and Bonn

Meeting up with friends old and new 

May well take a trip over the border to Utrecht, Arnhem and Liege

Just generally stoating about the place half pished

10 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Hi mate, 

Where do you think would be worthwhile staying for a night if I were going to the tennis at Halle? 

I’m currently booked in Mainz for 3 nights, 15-18 June but it looks a bit of a long journey to go up and back from there in one day. 

I was thinking of maybe going to Wuppertal or somewhere else for a night (17th), then go to tennis (18th) and then I can head to Cologne as soon as the tennis finishes for the day - without it being too much of a journey. 

I’m then in Cologne 18-21 June.  

A stop one over night before the tennis on 17th maybe go to Münster. Nice little town, university town with some nightlife…

Would go to see Rod Stewart, but he has messed up his dates.. 

He is in Leipzig the night of the Germany game, and in Cologne when England play there.

I would have gone to his Cologne show, but not while the place is full of chair throwing muppets..