Munich Travel advice - Page 2 - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Munich Travel advice

Jacob

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

Do tickets go on sale bang on 12.00amCET?

I need to book out of Munich on the 15th, which goes on sale tomorrow. 

Yep, 11pm UK time.... I was straight on last night at 11pm to get my tickets via the Bahn App

13 hours ago, Paul D said:

Is anybody thinking of getting the train down to Munich? I'm based in Southampton now so I'll be a bit closer than most. Not having much luck booking train tickets though. Any advice would be great 😃

https://int.bahn.de/en will let you know when tickets into and across Germany go on sale, if you type in the specific journey you want (departure point, end point, and time of arrival or departure).

For example, I just typed in Munich to Brussels on the day after the game and it let me know that tickets go on sale tomorrow (technically tonight from 11pm).

There will still be tickets available later on, but expect the cheapest ones to sell out first.

The same website will let you buy tickets when the time comes. 

Bought 3 tickets munich to Cologne.

No tickets appeared in the app so checked my credit card and it showed as payment pending. 

Went back to app and showing as 'ticket cancelled'.

These tickets cant be cancelled (and i dont think i did it)

So looks like ive been scudded for 90€ .

Any advice?

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

Bought 3 tickets munich to Cologne.

No tickets appeared in the app so checked my credit card and it showed as payment pending. 

Went back to app and showing as 'ticket cancelled'.

These tickets cant be cancelled (and i dont think i did it)

So looks like ive been scudded for 90€ .

Any advice?

Have you checked your email?

I received email from Deutsche Bahn with ticket attached.

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Have you checked your email?

I received email from Deutsche Bahn with ticket attached.

Just off the phone, the ticket never materialised , but the payment pending went through.

Had to re-book and keep an eye out for refund within 7 days.

Have just booked Munich Hbf to Cologne Hbf for x2 on the 13:28, 17th June, at £38 per person.

Takes 4.5 hrs.

Ticket available in the DB app & also arrived via email.

The earlier trains were already quoting c150 euros 😱 unless I was doing something wrong.

21 minutes ago, Silversand said:

Have just booked Munich Hbf to Cologne Hbf for x2 on the 13:28, 17th June, at £38 per person.

Takes 4.5 hrs.

The earlier trains were already quoting c150 euros 😱 unless I was doing something wrong.

I booked Munich Hbf to Bonn Hbf for x2 on the 09:27, 17th June, cost 85 Euro for the 2 of us including seat reservation. Just went for 2nd class as 1st class was nearly double that. Think I can slum it for 5hours, and yes, some the prices were pretty eye watering, especially 1st class.

48 minutes ago, Silversand said:

Takes 4.5 hrs.

Snap x 2, I was getting worried with some of the prices before the 13:28. This could be a popular train with the TA

22 hours ago, Silversand said:

Takes 4.5 hrs.

Booked the same train as well, £106.69 including a booking fee for 2 people, first class, reserved seat through Trainline app

Got 3 tickets for me and my two lads Munich Hbf to Cologne Hbf (well actually to Cologne airport as staying at a hotel there) for 98 EURs 2nd class Super Saver option (Super Sparpreis) with 3 seat reservations at a table. Decided to go bit later in the day on Sat 15th June so we can watch the Swiss v Hungary game in a bar in Munich. DB Navigator app worked a treat. 

24 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Is there any real reason why folk are buying train tickets just now and not waiting for the January 17th release of cheap tickets.Not trying to be funny but just wondering if i am missing something.Cheers.

This is my own personal thought, if you buy now you get the choice of all trains on that day although about 15-30 Euro dearer, come January 17th there will be a mad scramble for those tickets as UEFA have said their is limited availability also there will be limited trains to pick from as people buying tickets now will have snapped up all the decent timed trains.