Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

I think the giveaway is CCVs reaction.  

Even if he thought it harsh, he'd be up in Robertsons face trying to talk him out of it. He looked distraught as he knew he had fouled him.

A great effort by the Dons who can only have themselves to blame, but they were very dangerous today. That's 2 games running they've had Celtic on the ropes.

Tomorrow is a massive one - given Rangers run and drop, I think it'll be an even game, likely a 1.0 or a 2.1. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

Did the sheep really only bring 9000 after asking for a 50/50 split? Was there some sort of unofficial boycott or something?

In their defence it’s a shit KO time and fans are denied  pre match rituals like a few beers. Long way to come for a pie and a cup of tea. 

Edited by EddardStark

14 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

In their defence it’s a shit KO time and fans are denied  pre match rituals like a few beers. Long way to come for a pie and a cup of tea. 

As far as I hear they got 10,000 in the end but didn’t sell them. Fuck all wrong with beer breakfast btw 😃🍻

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You folk think Aberdeen got fucked, just wait till tomorrow!!! The Jambos might as well start the complaints the now as we all know what to expect...😂

Can’t be anymore corrupt than today’s decisions 🫵

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

And the dons are having a shite season and they haven't beaten celtic in their last 23 attempts. 

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And the dons are having a shite season and they haven't beaten celtic in, , their last 23 attempts. 

Maybe if another 8,000 backed them today they would have done it. 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Did the sheep really only bring 9000 after asking for a 50/50 split? Was there some sort of unofficial boycott or something?

Apathy has set in amongst the support with how we’ve been treated from the club, and the usual excuses of 12:30 in Glasgow always works, which has some merit, first train from Glasgow arrives at 12:15, so no chance of making ko, but if folk want to go, they’ll get there. 

I drove me and my loon, didn’t buy tickets until Tuesday as I’m sick of them lying down to Celtic at Hampden, but that never happened today. 

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Apathy has set in amongst the support with how we’ve been treated from the club, and the usual excuses of 12:30 in Glasgow always works, which has some merit, first train from Glasgow arrives at 12:15, so no chance of making ko, but if folk want to go, they’ll get there. 

I drove me and my loon, didn’t buy tickets until Tuesday as I’m sick of them lying down to Celtic at Hampden, but that never happened today. 

That sounds about right.

It’s always unlucky to lose on pens but the new manager will have seen plenty to encourage him 👍

1 hour ago, slasher said:

That sounds about right.

It’s always unlucky to lose on pens but the new manager will have seen plenty to encourage him 👍

Yeah, it hurt, a lot. I was almost in tears at 2-2, 3-3 and at pens, with my loon alongside me. I’ve hugged the wee fucker a lot, but those moments, if you don’t know fitba, can never be understood, his first reaction today was to jump to me, nowhere else, it’s fucking wonderful, but heartbreaking at the same time. 

10 years since his first semi (final)🙈 and he’s seen us win a couple and lose a few, everytime we step through the gates, he’s told this is our time, but it’s yet to have the ending we both want. 

It’ll come though. 

In a way, we need a standard ahite performance thrown in too now, just so the new gaffer can see who is arsed on a day to day basis and who isn’t. 

We’re gonna be down Miovski for millions and Barron for buttons will be two massive losses for him. 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, it hurt, a lot. I was almost in tears at 2-2, 3-3 and at pens, with my loon alongside me. I’ve hugged the wee fucker a lot, but those moments, if you don’t know fitba, can never be understood, his first reaction today was to jump to me, nowhere else, it’s fucking wonderful, but heartbreaking at the same time. 

10 years since his first semi (final)🙈 and he’s seen us win a couple and lose a few, everytime we step through the gates, he’s told this is our time, but it’s yet to have the ending we both want. 

It’ll come though. 

In a way, we need a standard ahite performance thrown in too now, just so the new gaffer can see who is arsed on a day to day basis and who isn’t. 

We’re gonna be down Miovski for millions and Barron for buttons will be two massive losses for him. 

Whats the story with Barron. Did Aberdeen go big to try and get him to sign a new contract?

Think he is a player with really good potential. If he leaves I hope he goes abroad.

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Aberdeen shouldnt get drawn into debating whether it was a foul on Johnston or not. (It wasnt)

What they need to concentrate on and demand answers on is why if the ref thought it was a foul, he didnt blow at the time. The game continues for a decent amount of time, the ref watches the play continue and only then the penatly foul is commited by CCV does the ref blow for a foul. 

There is no provision for this in the ref rulebook. He cant possibly be playing advantage as Celtic are defending their own box. 

Regardless of whether they win or not. Answers should be sought.

I’ve seen a different angle on the challenge on AJ and it looks like a foul to me although I can see both sides of it. I’m not so clear on the delay but he clearly points at where the foul occurred and then signals a free kick for the defending team. AJ would normally spring to his feet to defend the box but stayed down throughout the whole incident.

Maybe you can tell me this DS, is it standard procedure for the var to ask the ref what Aberdeen players were complaining about at Celtic’s 2nd goal ? This was clearly indicated by TNT commentators at the time and it seems strange to me given that every goal is checked anyway.

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

It’ll come though. 

Great memories bud, hold on to them for they are gone all too soon 👍

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Whats the story with Barron. Did Aberdeen go big to try and get him to sign a new contract?

Think he is a player with really good potential. If he leaves I hope he goes abroad.

No one knows, that’s the joy of agents chasing a big payday nowadays. He was out of favour and may have had his head turned, but he’s been Scotland u21 captain, he’ll be a massive loss on a busman where we’ll get a development fee, could’ve been the next big money Lewis Ferguson sale. 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Great memories bud, hold on them for they are gone all too soon 👍

Aye, I got my cup final moment at 32 in 2014, he’s 16 now, his time will come, he’s not seen half the shit that I have 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aye, I got my cup final moment at 32 in 2014, he’s 16 now, his time will come, he’s not seen half the shit that I have 😂😂😂

I didn’t take my boy to Celtic, did Scotland instead home & away. His first 5 away games finished 0-2, 0-5, 0-6, 0-4 & 1-2 😂

I was ready to rename him Jonah 🙈

Edited by slasher

1 hour ago, slasher said:

I didn’t take my boy to Celtic, did Scotland instead home & away. His first 5 away games finished 0-2, 0-5, 0-6, 0-4 & 1-2 😂

I was ready to rename him Jonah 🙈

He wasn’t a million miles away from that either. 

First away game, Ibrox 1-2 v St Johnstone, first Scotland game, 6-1 v Gibraltar, if my memory serves me correct, they had never scored a goal, I had £20 each on 5,6,7-0. 

We go 1 up, 2 minutes later they scored. 

He’s seen semi wins against Morton & Hibs twice, every other semi or final since 2014, we’ve lost. 

You’re actually right, it’s his fault and costs me a fucking fortune to boot 😂

Aberdeen gave a great account of themselves yesterday, where had that type of fight been in other games this season? 

On the other hand I am once again sickened with scottish football and its referees. 

Aberdeen gave a great account of themselves yesterday, where had that type of fight been in other games this season? 

On the other hand I am once again sickened with scottish football and its referees. Its bad enough that teams have to play the old firm in a non neutral venue but to play against such terrible referees

Just focusing on Aberdeen, some of the incidents we've seen this season with the help of VAR have been jaw dropping. The final against rangers. A foul on an Aberdeen player in the box in the dying minutes - no foul despite the same VAR ref awarding rangers an identical foul against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. The recent match at livi, the sfa openly admitted yhe refs took a guess that a player was offside and now the semi final where aberdeen were denied a stone wall penalty. Yesterday's incident felt like Robertson and his team were desperately searching for a reason not to award the penalty, they found a pathetic reason for a non foul on Johnston. Nothing will be done, if that was against either side of the OF there would be outrage across the board but it's only one of the OF cannon fodder so fuck em.

I hope hearts win this cup. If they do they will no doubt babble on about 3rd force and their attendances, they're welcome to that, being the 3rd force in Scottish football is nothing to be proud of BUT a clean sweep of old firm winners is never and never should be looked at as a good thing. 

It was awesome When rangers died and started again in the lower leagues, not because we all got to laugh at rangers but because other teams tasted glory and had days they will never forget. I can't remember the exact figure but I'm sure it's 9 different teams won a trophy. 

Aberdeen, Celtic, Killie, St mirren, Ross County, ICT, St Johnstone and hibs. 

Happy to be corrected on that list but we are now back to the OF clean sweep Zzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

On the other hand I am once again sickened with scottish football and its referees. Its bad enough that teams have to play the old firm in a non neutral venue but to play against such terrible referees

Just focusing on Aberdeen, some of the incidents we've seen this season with the help of VAR have been jaw dropping. The final against rangers. A foul on an Aberdeen player in the box in the dying minutes - no foul despite the same VAR ref awarding rangers an identical foul against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. The recent match at livi, the sfa openly admitted yhe refs took a guess that a player was offside and now the semi final where aberdeen were denied a stone wall penalty. Yesterday's incident felt like Robertson and his team were desperately searching for a reason not to award the penalty, they found a pathetic reason for a non foul on Johnston. Nothing will be done, if that was against either side of the OF there would be outrage across the board but it's only one of the OF cannon fodder so fuck em.

I hope hearts win this cup. If they do they will no doubt babble on about 3rd force and their attendances, they're welcome to that, being the 3rd force in Scottish football is nothing to be proud of BUT a clean sweep of old firm winners is never and never should be looked at as a good thing. 

It was awesome When rangers died and started again in the lower leagues, not because we all got to laugh at rangers but because other teams tasted glory and had days they will never forget. I can't remember the exact figure but I'm sure it's 9 different teams won a trophy. 

Happy to be corrected on that list but we are now back to the OF clean sweep Zzzzzzzzz

Thought Aberdeen did really well yesterday, though that's not a lot of consolation. Thought you were really unlucky with several refereeing decisions; Celtic's first (there was an incident before where one of the Aberdeen players, possibly McGrath, was raging), possible push on MacDonald, the Miovski pen. and obviously the CCV incident.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

That’s a lot of words just to get “Rangers died” out there. Well done. 😊

36 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

That’s a lot of words just to get “Rangers died” out there. Well done. 😊

Strange take on my post but not surprising that's how a Rangers fan would see it. 

10 hours ago, slasher said:

I’ve seen a different angle on the challenge on AJ and it looks like a foul to me although I can see both sides of it. I’m not so clear on the delay but he clearly points at where the foul occurred and then signals a free kick for the defending team. AJ would normally spring to his feet to defend the box but stayed down throughout the whole incident.

Maybe you can tell me this DS, is it standard procedure for the var to ask the ref what Aberdeen players were complaining about at Celtic’s 2nd goal ? This was clearly indicated by TNT commentators at the time and it seems strange to me given that every goal is checked anyway.

Ive not seen the different angle on the Johnston foul. Dont think they showed it on the TV. If its a foul then I suppose the ref could have been waiting to see if Aberdeen scored and then VAR could have intervened to say it was a foul but that would seem abit backward and not what it looked like happened at the time. The ref did point straight to the foul amd indicate the free kick straight after the penalty challenge. It was the fact he didnt do it straight after the "foul" that seems out of the norm.

I heard that on the TV aswell. No idea if it it normal or not but I suppose if the VAR is meant to consider everything in the final phase b4 a goal its only natural to ask the ref for all the info which would include what the Aberdeen players were complaining about.