The UEFA Ticket Lottery - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The UEFA Ticket Lottery

Craig Fae Hamilton

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, trout101 said:

I got 2 tix for a Saturday Quarter Final. I only applied cause I thought there was a chance I could swap them to some one from another country in exchange for a scotland group game. Is there any way I can actually do that?

That might turn out to be Scotland's quarter final. Gold dust. 😉

20 minutes ago, trout101 said:

I got 2 tix for a Saturday Quarter Final. I only applied cause I thought there was a chance I could swap them to some one from another country in exchange for a scotland group game. Is there any way I can actually do that?

Not officially. UEFA aren’t offering a swap platform - only a resale. 

14 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Could the ip addess have been a stumbling block?

Applied for 3 tickets for every match up to the final and got the square root of hee-haw.

Not if UEFA are being honest about it being a completely open and fair draw. I’m not sure what there is to gain for them from a mass scam conspiracy, unless they are funnelling tickets to touts/agencies on an industrial scale for bribes.

But from an IP perspective, you should have had as much chance as a German, or anyone else. 

I never applied as I will get tickets through SSC.

But in the 2021 tournament I applied for two tickets from UEFA as I wanted to take my son.

They were middle range in price, but UEFA oversold hampden due to Covid restrictions reduced capacity.

UEFA said they would randomly select who would get a refund, but they refunded all the cheaper tickets.

I am reading alot of people got a big fat Zero successful applications, were they all the cheaper tickets.

These are usually super over subscribed.

2 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

I never applied as I will get tickets through SSC.

But in the 2021 tournament I applied for two tickets from UEFA as I wanted to take my son.

They were middle range in price, but UEFA oversold hampden due to Covid restrictions reduced capacity.

UEFA said they would randomly select who would get a refund, but they refunded all the cheaper tickets.

I am reading alot of people got a big fat Zero successful applications, were they all the cheaper tickets.

These are usually super over subscribed.

How many point do you reckon will be required to get tickets through the SSC?

28 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Not officially. UEFA aren’t offering a swap platform - only a resale. 

Oh dear. Well if any Scotland fans on here get a ticket for the group stages they cannot make and want to take their chances on a Quarter Final on a Saturday then I will happily swap.

Regarding what tickets We applied for. We applied for 144 Tickets. All a mixture of 150€ and 60€ Tickets.

3 Scots applied for 75% of the 144 Tickets. German Friend applied for 25% of the Tickets.

German friend won 4 Tickets to 1 Game. I'm just thankful we got something but I was hoping for 3 Games.

6 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Well that was disappointing....
Assumed Scotland would be pot 2 or pot 3.
So applied for all x6 of the X2 vs X3 (pots A,B,C, etc) group games.
Like everyone else got absolutely nothing.

We have a ferry booked.

Sorry to hear that.

I expect the fan zones will also be amazing though 

Applied for me ght games, got one. D2 v D3, Dusseldorf 17June. Glad to have got anything at all as it was, obviously, massively oversubscribed. At least I'm going to one game!

Now, draw breath and await the madness of the resale.

1 hour ago, Paisley87 said:

Whole thing is a farce, apply for tickets for a game where you don't know who's playing only to be told sorry unsuccessful....no matter what uefa say a large percentage of these tickets will be on sale with 3rd party mobs at inflated prices

It will be interesting to see how the black market is at this tournament but if UEFA were serious about tackling that issue the participating countries should get a bigger percentage of the stadia at face value.