4 friendlies before Euros - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 friendlies before Euros

stocky

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Sure they will, the SFA will use the friendlies to make money and the desperation for Euro 24 tickets will ensure full houses for any home friendlies. Points make money 🤑🤑🤑

I'm not so sure about that. UEFA will probably want to get the tickets sold asap. 

And it wouldn't ensure full houses, it would just help to sell more tickets. 😉 Which ins't exactly the same thing. 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, wanderer said:

England have just announced that they will play Brazil at Wembley in March (along with Belgium a few days later)

Atleast we won’t play them (or hopefully not!)

Games against the likes of Turkey, Hungry, Nordic countries etc much better for us at the stage we’re at!

2 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

Just noticed that. What's the odds of us knowing before Christmas?

Just been announced that Brazil will play their 2nd match in March against Spain.

You would hope that they would announce this week with the squad for Nov to be announced in next day or two, but I suspect chances are strong that it will be announced before the end of this month (UEFA have confirmed that all 10 CONMEBOL members are coming to Europe in March, so that is 20 fixtures to fulfill) 

23 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Just been announced that Brazil will play their 2nd match in March against Spain.

You would hope that they would announce this week with the squad for Nov to be announced in next day or two, but I suspect chances are strong that it will be announced before the end of this month (UEFA have confirmed that all 10 CONMEBOL members are coming to Europe in March, so that is 20 fixtures to fulfill) 

Maybe we will get Argentina then!!!

13 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

Maybe we will get Argentina then!!!

Doubt it, they will probably be a popular option for someone like Italy, Germany or Spain.... we are probably looking more at someone like Peru, Bolivia or Venezuela 

On 10/19/2023 at 11:40 AM, DesiScotsman said:

I hope we get a home friendly against a team outside of Europe. Not had one of those home fixtures for some while. Someone like a Morocco or Japan or Chile.

I'd take the Moroccan one but away as I've been looking for a excuse to visit for a good while. 

Clarke was in the papers yesterday saying March will be a home and away friendly, and June will be a send off game at Hampden, and then an away game.

June, with the Champions League final on Saturday the 1st of June, I would guess our home friendly will be either on the Tuesday (4th) or Wed (5th), and then a friendly somewhere on the Saturday.