Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 5 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are staying at the O`CALLAGHAN MONT CLARE HOTEL at MERRION SQUARE and so is the bus. :-)) I was just wondering if our irish friends can tell me if there is any decent bus parking in that area for a 49 seater.

We are staying at the O`CALLAGHAN MONT CLARE HOTEL at MERRION SQUARE and so is the bus. :-)) I was just wondering if our irish friends can tell me if there is any decent bus parking in that area for a 49 seater.

The hotel has a partner parking lot with a discounted rate that is a short walk away alternatively there is a space outside the hotel if you check with them they may allow you park it outside.My uncle used to work at the Mont Clare.

The hotel has a partner parking lot with a discounted rate that is a short walk away alternatively there is a space outside the hotel if you check with them they may allow you park it outside.My uncle used to work at the Mont Clare.

I spoke to the hotel months ago and they said there was a car park nearby but it couldnt take our bus although they did also say that we could park outside the hotel.The only problem is that we may have to feed the meter which i dont want us to do.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

I spoke to the hotel months ago and they said there was a car park nearby but it couldnt take our bus although they did also say that we could park outside the hotel.The only problem is that we may have to feed the meter which i dont want us to do.

Hey mate

see list of 24 hr bus parking spaces in the city - plenty of these streets wud be near the Mont Clare .....Nassau Street on the list in particular

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin/coach-parking-dublin-city

Hey mate

see list of 24 hr bus parking spaces in the city - plenty of these streets wud be near the Mont Clare .....Nassau Street on the list in particular

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-roads-and-traffic-parking-dublin/coach-parking-dublin-city

Cheers my friend i will atke a look at that and do we have to book any in advance or can it be done when we arrive.

Cheers my friend i will atke a look at that and do we have to book any in advance or can it be done when we arrive.

AFAIK - it can be done when ye arrive

Presume there is pay and display parking machines on those streets for buses - ill give dublin council a bell in the morning and ask them for you

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

I think outside the hotel there is a pay and display meter according to the hotel but dont want to have to feed the meter all the time. :blink: If we can get something sorted covering us for the 3 days that would be good and dont mind paying in advance if need be.Cheers mate

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

I think outside the hotel there is a pay and display meter according to the hotel but dont want to have to feed the meter all the time. :blink: If we can get something sorted covering us for the 3 days that would be good and dont mind paying in advance if need be.Cheers mate

Well Ill ring the council anyway and see what they say and if they have any other options for u

The only hotel I know of in Dublin that actually has an official bus Parking area within the hotel is the below link

http://www.travelodge.ie/hotels/228/Dublin-Phoenix-Park-hotel

This is about 20-25 mins(With NO TRAFFIC) from the mont clare hotel

Its outside the north Dublin City area on the motorway between the city and the airport......they could house your bus for the 3 days for a set fee and ye collect it when ye are heading home .... ill check to see if thats an option

Are ye guys flying to Dublin ....if so ,then leaving at the above wud work as its not that far from the airport

Hotels in most cities dont have Bus Parking areas within the hotel unfortunately

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

How much for a pint of lager/ bottle of beer? Vodka and mixer?

I suggest you get the app I suggested called public, if you don't have a smart phone the just go www.publin.ie it's great for seeing where deals are on different days.

Pint can cost ya anything from about €5-€6.80(thats temple bar prices I presume you are not stupid enough to go there) all I drink is pints so I can't really comment on other drinks you have asked about, on a good days drinking you definitely won't see much change out of €100 if not more depending on what your drink is. Dublin ain't cheap that's for sure

The price of hotels is ridiculous in Dublin, even pokey wee guest houses are over a ton a night. Might take a tent with me

Supply and demand, they ain't stupid, same with flights I'm sure.

If you like a couple of km outside the city I'm sure you'll find something s little more reasonable.

Did you try ballsbridge? It's a great location for the game and loads of pubs for match day and a stroll to the ground, taxi to town won't cost more than a tenner

Tis a great spot especially when you're getting the game in, walking distance to the aviva, very close to baggot St where there are loads of pubs.

Personally speaking anyone staying north side of the city when they are here for a game should reconsider, you'll be glad of it when you're here.

I suggest you get the app I suggested called public, if you don't have a smart phone the just go www.publin.ie it's great for seeing where deals are on different days.

Pint can cost ya anything from about €5-€6.80(thats temple bar prices I presume you are not stupid enough to go there) all I drink is pints so I can't really comment on other drinks you have asked about, on a good days drinking you definitely won't see much change out of €100 if not more depending on what your drink is. Dublin ain't cheap that's for sure

How much do you pay for a pint when your out then? What pubs do you frequent? As with most Scots i like a cheap(ish) pint, either that or a right good moan at an over-inflated priced pint!! I have been to Dublin before a few years ago with the burd, she used to live there for a while. Don't expect we will be spending a lot of time in temple bar at those prices. Have been in that area the last time i was there so will have a look at this publin app, cheers for the tip. We stayin in Harcourt hotel, same hotel as last time.

The price of hotels is ridiculous in Dublin, even pokey wee guest houses are over a ton a night. Might take a tent with me

I went onto booking.com and reserved accommodation that is a wee bit pricey but it offers free cancellation. I'm now hopeful that prices will fall slightly 3 months before the trip then I can cancel the original accom.