Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 6 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know a decent greasy spoon where you can get soda farls filled wae bacon and big mugs o tea? Why no treat the lassie tae the likes?

oh I know where to get that wee cafe round the corner from the hardgate hotel cannae remember the street but it was the business

My mate is talking about us staying with his friend in Malahide.would it be easy to get back to there after the game and would staying out there all weekend and just being in the city centre on the day of the game be a decent idea?

My mate is talking about us staying with his friend in Malahide.would it be easy to get back to there after the game and would staying out there all weekend and just being in the city centre on the day of the game be a decent idea?

Malahide is on the commuter train (DART) so easily accessible. 30 minutes or so from the stadium. It would be an expensive taxi though if you miss the last train.

Nice safe area as well. Some nice bars out there too albeit probably no football fans.

About 30mins on dart from landsdowne road(Aviva stadium) to Malahide, a lovely part of dublin, all depends on the age group of your crew really, I love Malahide and frequent there quite often.

You have Duffys, Fowlers, Gibneys and Wrights cocktail bar all within a stones throw of one another, great beer gardens too as it will be summer I'm sure you'll get use of them, always a good crowd in the pubs for irish games afterwards and its a Saturday night so you could do worse than go there but it's really personal preference, I wouldn't say you must go here and I wouldn't put you off it either at the same time.

I ended up in Malahide with a burd after the rugby years ago - fantastic wee place. As the boys say, some cracking boozers. I got the DART back intae the toon with no problems at all.

Hopefully you fired it up her DART pipe

I've a choice of three hotels booked but with free cancellation.

One in Parnell Square, one on St. Stephens Square or the Lombard Pub & Townhouse.

By previous comments, I assume forget the first option.

Any thoughts ?

Hi lads. I've cancelled the one on Parnell Sq. based on the south side advice. But I have another option, Hardings Hotel which I think is in the Temple Bar district. I know you guys say avoid it but it is actually the cheapest of my 3 options. It looks a cracking hotel.

What would you advise? TB, St. Stephens green or near Trinity College.

Personal preference for me out of the 3 would be Stephens green but there wouldn't be a whole lot between that and trinity, you are being advised away from TB for a good reason! It's a tourist trap with overpriced drink, who wants that on a football trip? You can actually walk up to the aviva from Stephens green by the way, take you about 1/2 hr but sure it will be the summer, a grand walk with a few cans.

I am looking at phoenix park travelodge as its a decent 45 euros a night. It says transport is good but how far away are the bus stops for central dublin?. 2nd Question is that it's looking a lot cheaper to fly to belfast then train it to dublin, Is it an easy train journey to make with regular times and can you get pished on them?

I am looking at phoenix park travelodge as its a decent 45 euros a night. It says transport is good but how far away are the bus stops for central dublin?. 2nd Question is that it's looking a lot cheaper to fly to belfast then train it to dublin, Is it an easy train journey to make with regular times and can you get pished on them?

There's a luas that goes from Heuston station(where you will be) down to connolly staton, takes about ten mins then you can hop on a dart to landsdowne from there, good price on the accom, just hope you don't spend a lot of money on transport, taxis when pissed etc, if you go out at whatever time you're better off staying out all day and through the evening instead of going back to change, you'd spend a bit on taxis if you do this.

There's a luas that goes from Heuston station(where you will be) down to connolly staton, takes about ten mins then you can hop on a dart to landsdowne from there, good price on the accom, just hope you don't spend a lot of money on transport, taxis when pissed etc, if you go out at whatever time you're better off staying out all day and through the evening instead of going back to change, you'd spend a bit on taxis if you do this.

LUAS = Tram

I booked a train from Dublin to Belfast yesterday. Trains were every couple of hours, and cost 30 euro return.

As for taking a carry out, i'm 99% certain it won't be a problem (will let you know in a couple of weeks time!)

LUAS = Tram